I spent a few days working on a small but complete platformer using scaled down and simplified assets from my main game, Nakiti Generations.
Normal and Hard mode, 17 areas, hi-score at the end, enjoy.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...enerations.rar - Windows executable
Forum thread: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/88719-Retro-Generations-short-platformer-made-over-3-days
It's been 11 months without an update and a LOT has been going on with Nakiti Generations! First of all for those who noticed my avatar on the forums the artwork has been completely redone after hitting work issues with the first artist who was too busy, so I contacted Judy Jong ( http://joodlez.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art ) to draw up Nakiti and well, I am sure happy that she agreed!
It's been quite a while! but I have some good news.
Over the last few months I have made really good progress with my game, I have all the abilities and skills I want implanted, I have been crushing bugs left and right with a few more to go before I am happy, and I finally own an iPhone 5 so I can test my game in different aspect ratios as I now own a device of each screen size.
The iPhone 5's speed is having no trouble at all running my game though some events are
Short blog this week, lately due to real work and trying to do all I can to make a good iOS game i'm getting rather stressed out on it all, so for the last week I have not really done much to show off, my second version of the game engine has ended up becoming bloated again and one reason why I am down in the dumps about it, i'm trying to put too much into my first game.
What I have decided to do is go back to the beginning of my plans and really REALLY simplify it all, as in take
Over the last 2 weeks I have been reworking my game due to frame rate problems, more or less I restarted the project from scratch and have so far remade about 80% of what I had plus a few new things, this time I was really strict on my events and the work has been worth it, not a single drop of slowdown on my 4g touch, event counts went down from about 450 to 300ish and I completely changed how some parts work to use less math or to just simplify it more. The player in the end will not notice a