I need a workaround for this multiple levels issue.

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • hi, I'm working on a simple game and level one (or screen one if you prefer) is complete so I opened the storyboard view and copied/pasted level one.
    This was fine until I'd made 14 levels and suddenly wanted to change one small part of the game.

I had to go through all 14 levels and change the events, now this is rather annoying when you have 14 levels, I can imagine it being
    a royal pain if you had 50+

So my question, is there a way to edit an event in one level and all the others change instantly or is there a way of only have one lot of events rather than the same ones
    copied for each level?

Thanks

• Yes, this is what Global Events are for. You can access them in View>Global Event Editor or via a hotkey (I can't remember what the default one is). Once you're in Global Events, you can hit Ctrl-T to switch between the Event Editor and the Event List Editor. Global Events will play on every frame of the application. By default, they'll play after the Frame Events for that frame have run, though you can change this order in the Application Properties

Please login to see this link.
    My Fusion Tools: Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link.

Edited once, last by Volnaiskra (May 28, 2023 at 1:19 PM).

• Yes, this is what Global Events are for. You can access them in View>Global Event Editor or via a hotkey (I can't remember what the default one is). Once you're in Global Events, you can hit Ctrl-T to switch between the Event Editor and the Event List Editor. Global Events will play on every frame of the application. By default, they'll play after the Frame Events for that frame have run, though you can change this order in the Application Properties

That sounds ideal! Thank you very much. (in my defence, I've been following an online course that did each level by copying/pasting the last. So I assumed that was the way)

Edited once, last by PaulFoster (May 29, 2023 at 12:38 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!