Your app exceeds the Android vitals emerging bad behavior threshold

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • I worked on some Android projects with pretty advanced Fusion techniques, and many stuff happening behind the scenes, all of them have a very, very low ANR rate, around 2.43 ANR rate and 0.205% crash rate for one of the projects.. (and most of it related to the networking aspects of such projects, like connecting to a server, which is related to Bluewing)
    As Fernando mentioned above, more info is needed :)

Game/App developer, artist and a community contributor.
    You can support my work on: Please login to see this link.

• But what kind of details exactly could be useful? There is so much lines for each of one, and so much ANR, and post lenght is limited. Here's a few examples:

• I worked on some Android projects with pretty advanced Fusion techniques, and many stuff happening behind the scenes, all of them have a very, very low ANR rate, around 2.43 ANR rate and 0.205% crash rate for one of the projects.. (and most of it related to the networking aspects of such projects, like connecting to a server, which is related to Bluewing)
    As Fernando mentioned above, more info is needed :)

I also use many advanced techniques, my game use things like AI for enemies, delta time, online matchmaking, clans, custom map sharing and more... But it seems that the extension that is always visible in the details is "move safely 2". It's what i use for pixel perfect colisions, for players and AI.

Here's some details from Google (translated from French):

Your user-reported ANR error rate is particularly high on devices with Vulkan Version: Vulkan version not specified
    Your user-spotted ANR error rate on devices with Vulkan Version: Vulkan version not specified (10.85%) is significantly higher than your overall user-spotted ANR error rate (5.79% ) in the last seven days. These devices represent 13% of your total installations. Reduce the number of ANR errors on these devices to improve the overall rate of ANR errors noticed by the user.

Your user-spotted ANR error rate on devices with 1.5-2 GB of RAM (8.32%) is significantly higher than your overall user-spotted ANR error rate (5.79% ) in the last seven days. These devices represent 11% of your total installations. Reduce the number of ANR errors on these devices to improve the overall rate of ANR errors noticed by the user.

• Thanks. Yes, I will provide you with a new Runtime version with a Yves fix for collision; once you post a new version with the collision fix, it will be good to wait at least five days to see how the crash and ANR behave.

=======================

I forgot to mention that a GDPR iOS version is underway; when it is ready, I will let you know so you can try it.

• Regarding the first (and the second) one (RunLoop.CRun...) - I had a similar issue, although Google reported it as Crash (instead of ANR).

Started a topic here: Please login to see this link.

Yves sent a fix that worked.

All of your other ANRs do not match mine :)

I saw your post, so your issue was fixed and it was not a GDPR issue in the end, but a collision issue? Interesting.

Thanks. Yes, I will provide you with a new Runtime version with a Yves fix for collision; once you post a new version with the collision fix, it will be good to wait at least five days to see how the crash and ANR behave.

=======================

I forgot to mention that a GDPR iOS version is underway; when it is ready, I will let you know so you can try it.

Thank you, i'm waiting for it, i have a update to release as soon as possible, so i may include this fix.

• I saw your post, so your issue was fixed and it was not a GDPR issue in the end, but a collision issue? Interesting.

Thank you, i'm waiting for it, i have a update to release as soon as possible, so i may include this fix.

If you use the Android runtime from the build 295.10 I can send you the same runtime I sent to Ach, let me know (if Fernando sent you an update for any reason in the meantime you've to wait for him to send you a modified version).

• So i tested this new runtime and it seems no changes are noticable, i received a second email warning about the ANR rate...

Code
    RunLoop.CRun.objectAllCol_IXY
        Input dispatching timed out

I have a lot of ANR reports where in the details i see MoveSafely2 extension involved. Could it be that particular extension that has some issues?

Please login to see this attachment.

• No, i tested 2 different runtimes so far and i still get the same issues, i also have new crashes that are not present in build 295.10 related to MediaSounds... :(

My game has 90K active installs, 0.48% crash rate (it's growing because of the new runtime) and 5.12% ANR rate (that's crazy!)...

• Hi, have you resolved the issue ? As of today Google says that my app has also reached the 0.47% bad-behavior threshold for ANRs

Hi,

Can you open all the reports that labeled "insight" and get the details? Please send them in a zip for me to check.

No, i tested 2 different runtimes so far and i still get the same issues, i also have new crashes that are not present in build 295.10 related to MediaSounds... :(

My game has 90K active installs, 0.48% crash rate (it's growing because of the new runtime) and 5.12% ANR rate (that's crazy!)...

Media Sound, the new version, is lighter and should not occur this. Your last report is now under my investigation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!