Are DLC's possible?

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Haven't used this app in a long while, so I'm curious if DLC's are possible or what we should do to prepare our game for selling DLC's on Steam. Is there a guide/tutorial? (I did quick forum search, didn't find anything)

Thanks.

• So, from what others have told me, if you want to have a DLC with Fusion, your best bet is to have everything built into the game, and then have the DLC be a download file with an encrypted text that the game then looks for to activate the DLC on the game. You could go a step further and export stuff like animations from game objects as ANM files, so that if someone tries to hack the game they won't see anything unless they also have the external ANM files. Another thing you could do is have different builds of the game that have the DLC, or no DLC. Steam allows you to have different skews like that.... but that could get a bit complicated if you have a lot of it.

Follow my game dev on twitter Please login to see this link.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!