Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Why does this not compile?

void TestFunction ()
    {
    Runtime.PauseRuntime();
    }

Why does that not work? It says "a namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods" when i try to compile.

Syntax looks perfectly fine to me.

I'm obviously writing this to try and get any idea of how i will use the code to work with stuff in-game. PauseRuntime() looked like the perfect method to use in an attempt to try the click variant of "hello world" (though it's more of an app-pauser than a text blitter heh)

Edit: Ok i see i've misunderstood how this extension works. The Startup Object is the name of the instance hmmm...

• Now it compiles but it does not actually pause the runtime when i call the function from the event editor. Instead the application sortof stops for 0.5 second only to resume again. Atleast there's a minor graphical hiccup :O

What does this line do specifically? MMFInterface has something to do with the method PauseRuntime?

See that box in the top-left corner of the dialog?
    It's a tree containing some functions.
    MMFInterface
    |_Runtime
    ...|_PauseRuntime()

Runtime.PauseRuntime() is saved in a namespace called MMFInterface, to be able to access this, put
    using NamespaceName;
    into your code.
    you could do
    using MMFInterface.Runtime;
    as well, so you don't need to write
    Runtime.PauseRuntime();
    but just
    PauseRuntime();

I can't really help you with your problem.. did you call class1.TestFunction?

Please login to see this link.

• PauseRuntime() doesn't do what you might assume it does. It only pauses the runtime timer and will resume it again if you run the resumeruntime() function (or whatever it's called). The sdk says it should be used around opening a dialog or something like that so the internal mmf timers don't get messed up.

• Don't you have to have .'s in there?
    Public.Class?

Or is that Java Im mixed up in....
    /me stops trying to learn multiple programming languages...

For a list of my achievements, hit up Please login to see this link..com/
    Unless you want to party, then go to Please login to see this link.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!