Sub-App "linking" problem and other Suggestions.
I noticed something with Sub-app that kind of breaks this workflow I have. Explaining this will go everywhere, so I'll try to word it right, srry
So I have two MFAs, One is the Main Game and the other is Sub-app. Whatever I do in the Sub-app, the main game needs to have it preloaded. So let's say there's a sound to play in the Sub-app. The Sub-app will work on its own but if it's in the main game, it won't play unless I have the same sound already in the main game. I tried loading the sound by path, it works in the Sub-app MFA but not in the main games... ONLY IF I have something in the selected sound channel in the main MFA. It works fine if you run it in the editor. but if I built it... it won't work. I have to have a dummy item loaded into the mainframe to have it work.
Same for a lot of other stuff. Sounds/Sounds channels, Fonts, (extensions If the main game is in Unpacked mode),etc.
More things I ran into and Suggestions:
- Having the Machine independent ticked in Sub-app and the main game has a double effect which drops fps. with V-Sync on, both makes the fps worse.
- Actives with the Global Object ticked that's in the main game frame do not work with Sub-app that also have the same object/settings ticked. From what I have tested.
- Sub-app display as sprite should be renamed to "DX9 Fullscreen Mode" ex; previous conversation I had with Yves, You mentioned it was for the DX9 Fullscreen. I feel like if it was renamed it would lower confusion newbies.
- An option to have the Sub-app size scale with the root app size/ size the sub-app object is in. ex; Resize to root app display
- Have Sub-Apps act as a sprite. ex; previous conversation I had with Yves x2, as stated that something like this is on the wishlist, Hope that entry is high on there lol. so many useful workflows can be done if it was possible.
Besides Sub-app stuff there is a bit of DX11 stuff I like to see be updated, if possible.
- Depth buffer
- Texture Lods
- Vertex Shaders
- Font Anti-Aliasing toggle
- Font external importing
- Ability to use the bounding box on strings for Shaders/effects instead of text itself. ex; found some fonts has noticeable clipping with some effects.
- more Shader uniforms for xml. ex; vector2,vector3,better RGBA color input. maybe ability to get output of some values back?
- !if Possible! The ability to take layers into some sampler for Shaders to use. be nice to have layers as passes for some Shaders
Anyway that is my suggestions and problems I noticed on Sub-App. My thought is: Was Sub-apps designed to only work with frames on the same MFA instead of a different MFA?
I feel like if they where updated or some new option to have frames as file/ new frame object. It could open so many new paths to do in CTF.