Recent Activities

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • ruddy_salt July 25, 2024 at 12:10 AM

Thread
    Circular motion requires the input of X and Y coordinates (among other values). But different phones are of different sizes, so if you want, for example, the center of your circle to be in the center of the frame, how can you provide those coordinates
  • warlords July 24, 2024 at 10:56 PM

Sure thanks to both. Im doing it, make run better with sounds...
  • semar July 24, 2024 at 10:06 PM

As already suggested, you have to set a flag in order to avoid sound repetition.

One way could be to use a flag on the ball object, say "sound_paddle_played".

Initially is set to false.

When a ball hits the paddle: if that flag is false, play the sound and…
  • warlords July 24, 2024 at 8:17 PM

Here you can hear that it plays in loops when hit object!

Please login to see this link.
  • Janette5 July 24, 2024 at 7:00 PM

It sounds like you're playing the same sound continuously and not just once.

You either need to include a sound with a collision event, or set and reset a value. (A collision event only triggers once. An overlap event will trigger continuously, so if your…
  • oldgamesrbetter July 24, 2024 at 6:24 PM

It was the MPEG extention.. Unfortunately wouldn't let me use anything else but .mpeg/mpg files. But yeah! Basically did what you said in the last sentence there with mpeg-1 codec.
  • Phi July 24, 2024 at 6:15 PM

Replied to the thread IOS end application?.
    If CT add it, or you use an ext, this can work:

(Code, 3 lines)

You can also set UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend property in the application's plist to true, inside the xcode project, so when user (or code above) switches away, the app is closed, not paused.
  • oldgamesrbetter July 24, 2024 at 6:04 PM

SOLVED! Probably not the best way to do it since the game had 100+ movie files.. but Windows 11 really hates Mpeg-2.. I batch converted all the movies to Mpeg-1 and now it works.
  • danjo July 24, 2024 at 5:36 PM

what extension did you use to play the video?

is it possible to rewrite the project, and sub out that extension with something newer that works with your video files?

lastly, is it worth you converting all the video's to MP4's? they will work - and there…
  • oldgamesrbetter July 24, 2024 at 1:41 PM

Thread
    In 2006 I made a game with TGF (Not TGF2.. but didn't see a forum for TGF in here) that was meant to be like a Laserdisc game in the style of Mad Dog McCree.. so it contains a lot of movie files and some sort of extension that I don't recall what it was.
  • gotou_daisuke July 24, 2024 at 9:52 AM

Working Directory must be properly set up. If not set, the files will be stored in the Tiled installation directory.
    The ability to view the console on the Tiled editor is available. It may be easier to understand if you run the program with the console…
  • willy July 24, 2024 at 9:48 AM

Thank you. I created the bat file which now successfully creates a new txt file called "path.txt" with the text "ECHO is on." and then runs my game.

It seems Tiled won't run the bat file for some reason, but I'll test around with it some more.
    Please
  • cdhexter July 24, 2024 at 9:42 AM

Posted the thread IOS end application?.
    Thread
    Hi All,

I'm working on my first IOS conversion, having little experience with Apple devices, I understand that "end application" doesn't work as it would on other OSes, my question is, how do I get back to the home screen from the app? :)

• willy July 24, 2024 at 9:29 AM

Reaction (Post)
    I've never thought of doing it before, but it's certainly a good idea, and I didn't know Tiled had such a feature.
    It doesn't accept command line arguments, but you could use echo to save the result to text, then launch the game and load that saved text.

• aenever July 24, 2024 at 8:04 AM

That's also great advice. Thank you :)
  • gotou_daisuke July 24, 2024 at 7:35 AM

Replied to the thread Build 295.10 - Release Version.
    Can add the ability to output anm files from a runtime exe?
    It would make it so much easier to create user mods if we could import a custom image into the active object while it is running with a frame load action and package it as anm.
  • gotou_daisuke July 24, 2024 at 7:23 AM

Reaction (Post)
    I am using the tiled editor for my maps. The editor has a feature that allows for running external programs and passing through arguments (Please login to see this link.)

This means I could work on my map in tiled, then launch my game from the tiled…
  • gotou_daisuke July 24, 2024 at 7:16 AM

I've never thought of doing it before, but it's certainly a good idea, and I didn't know Tiled had such a feature.
    It doesn't accept command line arguments, but you could use echo to save the result to text, then launch the game and load that saved text.

• MEHRDAD July 24, 2024 at 6:42 AM

Replied to the thread Build 295.10 - Release Version.
    I have been asking for a video playback object that works on all platforms for years. But there is no answer at all...
  • TonyThunder July 24, 2024 at 3:23 AM

You can remove the text and the download so that the html5 game fits on the itchio website without scroll bars, and make another itchio page for the game download on PC.