User Tag List

Thread: A thought about how to approach single frame vs multi frame games

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thought about how to approach single frame vs multi frame games

So this is more of a soundboard for an idea i just had (and will be testing once i post lol) with making games single frame, or at least, limited frame vs frame by frame until completion. So, here's what i'm thinking; one pretty universal issue at least that i run in to is camera constraints. So i was thinking, why not make an object that covers each area or "zone", semi-transparent (maybe like 100-150 on the blend coeff for editing), then set events so that when the player is overlapping this zone detector, that it locks the x or y of the camera to that area only. Then to simulate room changes, add a large black object to create with a fade in/fade out property when reaching the room edge, then move the player coordinates to the new zone and start the process all over again? Sounds pretty logical to me, i'll try this out and report back, so anyone feel free to bounce ideas off of this please lol. Maybe if it doesn't help me, it could others

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do something like that all the time now hehe. I'm loading most of my graphics externally as well. That way I can use the same objects over and over again and just load them with new graphics. I make all rooms in one frame but in different groups. So group 1 is inside your house for example, group 2 outside your house, group 3 village and so on. That way you save lots of resources but can still make your game as huge as you want It can sure take some time to get comfortable with that method though but now i can't imagine doing it any other way

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff! Lol, that's exactly how i'm trying this now. So far, so good. 2 frames from the original file loaded in with no issues now i get to learn how to utilize the layers object lol

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha yeah i've been using clickteam's products since klik & play (ok amos pro on the amiga as well but...yeah) :-D and only recently i started working with layers too haha. They are very helpful! Good luck with your game making :-D

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amos The Creator FTW!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "then set events so that when the player is overlapping this zone detector, that it locks the x or y of the camera to that area only."

Yeah, do this I've done it before a few times and it's a good idea. You can have enemies spawn when you enter a new section to reduce cpu usage too.