User Tag List

Thread: Camera rotation not being set, or being set different from the values in the tutorial

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera rotation not being set, or being set different from the values in the tutorial

Hello, I've discovered something extremely weird with the camera object for FireFly, that appears in every single MFA I create. I'm trying to follow the FPS tutorial and this makes it nearly impossible, or atleast very frustrating. I will add in an Engine, Camera, and then Skybox (In that exact order, I've tested this 5 times and got the same error each time) And no matter what values I enter into the camera, whether I choose "YES" or "NO" to the starting prompt when you add a camera, and no matter what I set the X and Z too, it appears to make NO change to the camera at all. The only time I see something different at all is if I set the Y higher, but then the camera points straight down and setting the rotation doesn't change it at all. I have no idea what options I'm missing, or what I'm doing wrong, but I'm heavily disappointed that the tutorials and objects themselves do not go in more depth with anything in FireFly and I'm forced to rely on less than 20 posts for a not commonly used program. That last part isn't the issue though, this will be common for an engine that has just released and I'm sure as FireFly improves more users will use it and there will be much more documentation. However I still need help with the first problem I listed, as it is extremely demotivating for me when I can't even get a camera to work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the camera you need to set the Lookat value (Target), if your following the fps tutorial then you would be moving the camera via the FPS Movement options.

Camera settings were covered in step 4,5 and 6 of the choco tutorial. -> http://library.clickteam.com/extensions/firefly/chocobreak3d/page-4/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'm heavily disappointed that the tutorials and objects themselves do not go in more depth with anything in FireFly and I'm forced to rely on less than 20 posts for a not commonly used program."

Yep, there's literally no documentation. Welcome to hell

Try ticking the "Bind Target and Rotation" box in the camera's properties, that should allow you to set the rotation manually. Let me know if this fixes it.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have you not found the documentation launchable from HELP button on the about tab in the Firefly Engine objects properties? Or by simply going to the Help folder under your Fusion's root directory and looking in the Firefly area. We also have two tutorial docs and a decent sized Example.MFA with more then 8 example frame.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having the camera problem as well. I looked through the tutorial for the FPS movement, and it has the same camera drift problem. I also can't find any documentation that has a fix in the program (looked through both the Tutorial and all Examples). Has anyone been able to find a solution? Thanks!