User Tag List

Thread: android sdk java jdk - was working- i touched it - it is broken

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

android sdk java jdk - was working- i touched it - it is broken

i had not done an android app for quite a while ( 2 years )

i wrote an app built it and it worked fine exporter, sdk, jdk, etc. all played nicely

then i wanted to add an admob object - it would not build and gave me a long error

then i poked around in the android SDK manager and of course now nothing works at all, i can't even build a blank android app

i get this error:
    Buildfile: C:\Users\dstroud\AppData\Local\Temp\AndEB95.tmp\bu ild.xml

BUILD FAILED
    C:\Users\dstroud\AppData\Local\Temp\AndEB95.tmp\bu ild.xml:84: Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml imported from C:\Users\dstroud\AppData\Local\Temp\AndEB95.tmp\bu ild.xml

Total time: 0 seconds

following the path i find there is no folder tools, so no ant\build.xml is in it...

I am totally lost at this point,
    how do i get this working again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12/26/2016

ok i solved that, i apparently deleted the Android SDK platform with the SDK manager - i just copied those files back in

so in the androidSDK manager i now have listed as installed:
    android SDK tools (25.2.4)
    android SDK platform-tools (25.0.3)
    android build tools (24.0.2 22.0.1 19.1)

api 19
    api 14
    api 10

i updated to jdk 8 (jdk1.8.0-111 to be exact) --i was using JDK 7 (jdk1.7.0_51 to be exact)

when i build my project it completes with no error - and i popped it onto my phone- it works!

but... my build still breaks with admob object in it...

ack!

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you try using a higher API ? 21 - 24 ?
    Think you needed for some of the newer objects API 21 at least

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Perry, I will try that, I ran out of time yesterday
    I am working with the android exporter, just to clarify

Is there by any chance of finding all of the documentation for this object in one place?
    Between the old version, iOS vs android, etc. it is confusing to figure out what is really happening here.

Questions that have occurred to me (and i assume others starting from scratch and limited experience) include:

-is it really as simple as dropping an adMobV2 in the frame, putting the ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXX/XXX in the adMob properties, and selecting the ad position?

-it is hard to tell when this object is "working" - from the position of not knowing what should be happening
    - if i have somehow violated adMob policies - admobs info about other dev enviromnments are hard to "translate" for Fusion (to me)

-should i see an ad in the dev environment?
    -should i see an ad in the app if i put it on a device?
    -is the test device property box for and how should that "work"?

-is there a list of outside components that are required? (i have android sdk, updated as above- java JDK, as above) - do i need an adMob SDK?
    if adMobV2 is working, then it seems android exporterwould be absolutely up to date
    apparently adMob is becoming FireBase? but under Google? does this matter?

-How do I know when something changes enough (behind the scenes) that I need to do an update?
    -is there a REALLY SIMPLE example of implemeting this object - i mean first timers prolly just want a banner, and if there were a simple example of the bare minimum needed to get this going, most could work it out from there.

Hopefully i do not seem too dumb, but man, this has been challenging.
    i guess I am working on it currently so I could attempt to do some of this, but i assure you I am not qualifed...

THANKS to all posters etc, i could not have got this far with out you!
    special thanks to Jeff, vivilo, sparckman, DaveC, & Danny -- danny's version checker and sparckman's videos even XTRA special thanks

it is particularly satisfying to be able to do this at all!
    Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yay! it is totally working i can see an ad on a device i loaded the apk onto

thanks Perry, I loaded api 22 (and build tools 22) into the android SDK

questions:
    what is the highest currently supported SDK?
    is it different for adMob than for android exporter at large?
    should i keep them both the same?

I still don't see an ad in the dev environment, do i have to export and load to see it? (i think yes at this point)

i saw in a post from vivolo that if developer puts an asterix in the testing devices list that ALL devices would be seen as testing devices, so NO clicks would be in violation (but also no revenue, so just for testing) - did i understand that correctly?

what happens if user has no internet connection, will the game still run?

I am quite happy

But i also want to remember how I did this, and perhaps it will help a fellow traveler...

Thanks!

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    API 24 will work. API 25 has bugs, so don't use that one.

Both Ad companies use their own things.
    The 1st time, it might take a few minutes if you don't see an ad, and also make sure you have the codes right. (no spaces etc at the beginning or end)
    You can use a * so you can test it on your phone. but it's only for your phone. not for the rest.

If there is no internet, then the app will still run, it will just skip it.
    for the Interstial I have an extra event. with IF load failed then ..... continue the game.. since it will hang on some devices.
    Esp. if they are on Wifi and disable the internet.