For my second Firefly open source example project I wanted to make a "Ultima" style Dungeon crawling game. Dungeon Crawler is less then 180 lines and includes a ton of function and features to check out...
Dungeon Crawler gives you everything you need to get started out of the box making your own Ultima / Legends of Grimrock styled RPG. Using the Firefly objects use this commented open source example to build upon and make your completely 3d dungeon experience. Out of the box features include map generation code and map design and editing layer. Keys and doors. Enemies using animated mesh model with various animations. Ultima style dungeon movement with camera control. Viewable map feature. Check out Author Notes below for detailed information!
Dungeon Crawler on Clickstore: http://clickstore.clickteam.com/dungeon_crawler
More info on Firefly here: http://clickstore.clickteam.com/firefly
Download just the game here: http://download.clickteam.com/firefly/Dungeon_Crawl_Installer.exe
Game & Engine Features
- Simple four party combat
- Keyboard and Mouse control
- Overhead map (accessible with M key)
- Includes examples of Animated and Static Mesh nodes
- Level generated by built in level read system. Level editable directly in the levelmap layer
- Melee and projectile combat examples
- Flame pit & fireball particle immiter node examples