Thread: Physics Spaceship Movement slow down with 0 gravity

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Physics Spaceship Movement slow down with 0 gravity

Hi,
    I'm trying to create a spaceship game with the Physics - Spaceship movement and the gravity set to 0. However, the spaceship, once moving, never slows down. While this is scientifically accurate, I have a feeling it doesn't make for the best controls. I've tried setting Decelleration and Friction higher, but nothing seems to work. Is this just something really obvious that I'm missing? (Wouldn't be the first time :P)

David

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with the [spaceship movement], you just use deceleration

the physics spaceship movement is rubbish - ie It's bugged, and always has been including many other movements regarding deceleration, and i have posted this YEARS ago, only to be ignored.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hopefully you can also put in a report using the bug tracker link at the top of the page and not just posts about it on the forums.

Thanks
    Jeff

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i posted it in the bug tracker - relating to the racecar - its also the same... years ago. its still there (2014) *(the bug was listed in the comments at the time)
    i just checked; it was when i had a problem with the race car physics, and noticed all the decelerations etc were not right. i asked for some additional features it needed, and after it wasnt addressed - i wrote a workaround for it, so i have a working racecar physics with all the features that should have been in it in the first place. i left it at that, because i had worked my own solution.

this post reminded me that it still wasnt fixed, along with the other objects like spaceship.
    i just added it to the bugtracker