User Tag List

Thread: Create new mesh & adding materials

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create new mesh & adding materials

When I create a new mesh (instance of the object i want), and try to load a material, it fails, leaving the mesh blank. Is this a bug?

right most has a basic material added, then left 2, dont.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When I am using the Material node to add materials to any type of node I typically use the negated form of

(Negate) Node has loaded a material in (material slot value)

and then on that event line I load a material in to (material slot value) and it has not failed me yet. What method are you using currently Danjo?

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just create new mesh node and then this: it works on the first (if not destroyed), but not on any created afterwards. i am not making a new node; just a copy of the first ( or am i going to have to make a mesh node for every item instead of creating a new instance)
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i took a look at your crawler chris, and did the same thing as you just suggested, and it works.

this seems weird regardless; as it should be able to load in a material on creation.
    your method /workaround is just [ looking all the time ] if there is a material and then adds it if its not present. * which does work << which is handy if you want to do some clever swapping later .etc

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will make sure Triadian sees the thread. And yes I have a project where I pass the variable of the particular node's material and mesh as object variables, allowing me to change them on creation and use one node for several object types. Look forward to see what you are cooking up. Glad Crawler helped.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook