User Tag List

Thread: Is there a way to simulate magnets?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to simulate magnets?

Hey all,

So I'm making an electromagnet simulator for a school project. At first, I thought the Magnet object should do the trick, but it went very wrong. The nails were attracted to the magnet, then they would be shot out of the frame as soon as they touch the magnet. So I'm thinking on using movements for this, but I have no idea how. Can you guys help me with this?

P.S:This is optional, but it would be more realistic if the nails can be magnetized and attract other nails as well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually i'm thinking that maybe set ball movement to the nails and have them always look at the magnet when it's close enough to affect them? Might require some tweaking though but maybe that's a simple way to do it? :-)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought of that, but is there a way to apply physics to the nails?
    I've tried the Physics bouncing ball movement, but it doesn't work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I don't know. I haven't actually looked into anything about physics stuff/movements

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, use the physics object. It has the magnet object. I'm sure it's not easy to do and math would be involved. Maybe a more advanced programmer will chime in.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried this out and came up with this example. It works pretty well for what it is. Hope this helps and you can add to it and use it somehow.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help guys! The example was great, but the magnet should only attracts objects in a certain range.
    I actually made another example using variables, it did the trick but looked pretty weird.