Thread: UWP Multi touch not working as intended

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question UWP Multi touch not working as intended

Hello,

I would like to export my project on a windows 10 mobile phone. The project is a platformer which uses the Multiple touch extension. The UWP project does not seem to be able to recognize multiple touches. I have already tried the methods on examples listed on other posts on this forum. On iOS version there seems to be this "Multi touch" -option available, which would probably solve this problem, however I would like to export it as a UWP project.

(I am trying to use the touch controls on a platformer, which uses touch area "buttons" Left, Jump, Right. When the character is running for example left when touching and holding the "button" Left and simultaneously using another finger to tap the "button" Jump to jump, the touch holding the "button" Left is not recognized anymore and the character stops. Therefore the controls feel awkward when using more than one finger to play the game.)

Would someone please like to check whether there are any possible solutions available and help me? Thank you in advance and whether you need more information, I would be glad to provide it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The multiple touch is fixed, my game is now working fine with the touch controls, can you provide a MFA of your problem please ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On iOS you do not need to use an extension for multi-touch, Fusion natively supports it, but has it as an option

I have not yet tried out exporting for UWP, but my guess is that Fusion natively supports multi-touch for UWP too.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!
    As far as I know Multiple Touch object doesn't recognize multiple touches.
    I've posted a bug report :
    http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/4164

The example attached to the bug report works as expected on Android or PC/exe (my computer has a touchscreen) but not with UWP...
    So, If you have the same problem as me advaith, your game on UWP should not be able to detect more than one touched button...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Yes, that is what I am facing and what I expected. And I apologize for the other replies as I have been rather busy and was not able to provide an example .mfa. I am also facing another problem which is that I am not able to jump between frames or end frame/application when using the UWP. Any advice?

Thank you in advance!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi KABAR,
    I don't have any problem with jumping between frame. So I think your problem comes from the way you coded it. If you could post an mfa (or explain how you do it) we could check it and help you.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminG View Post
    Hi KABAR,
    I don't have any problem with jumping between frame. So I think your problem comes from the way you coded it. If you could post an mfa (or explain how you do it) we could check it and help you.
    Hello,

After further testing, jump frame and restart frame works as intended. I was having a bug in the code. End application does not seem to work and just crashes the game? I was thinking this was related to jumping frames not working .

Thank you for your quick reply. Any tips on closing the application correctly?

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, as far as I know, you can't close an application on mobile (Windows phone, Android or iOS). It's a system "rule" from the OS. The user has to manually close an application by touching "previous" or "home" phone's button.
    So this is not really a bug : closing application leads to a crash because it's a forbidden. The only thing Clickteam could "correct" would be not to allow "end the application" on a mobile application...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminG View Post
    Hi, as far as I know, you can't close an application on mobile (Windows phone, Android or iOS). It's a system "rule" from the OS. The user has to manually close an application by touching "previous" or "home" phone's button.
    So this is not really a bug : closing application leads to a crash because it's a forbidden. The only thing Clickteam could "correct" would be not to allow "end the application" on a mobile application...
    Thank you for your answer! I hope there will be a future fix for the multi touch.