Thread: Arrays saving inconsistently on device

Arrays saving inconsistently on device

I have several Array objects that my application manages across different frames, and I'm having an issue where either they're not saving to files properly or not loading from files properly while testing on my device. What's odd is that out of four different arrays being managed, only one is having this issue.

What happened was my Array was saving and loading fine on PC, then when testing on iOS devices it wasn't saving/loading at all and was just coming up blank when it was supposed to be loaded from its file. I implemented a debug menu so I could manually enter values into the Array to see if it worked that way, and when I built the updated application to my device, the problem vanished, even though I didn't change anything; it was suddenly saving and loading 100% properly.

But then, a couple builds later, it suddenly started up again, not saving. I used the debug menu I implemented - and it worked... And from then on, in the same build, it was working fine...

Is this a bug with the exporter itself? I can't release this version of the app with an Array that might just not save at all or else I'll have unhappy customers. Has anyone else encountered something like this?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Blog Entries
    never had this problem before.
    post the mfa or pm.
    seems like the array is not saving properly somewhere, or is overwritten

I can't get my single Array to load at all. I'd appreciate to know how to 'implemented a debug menu' to see if it works for me. Is this an Xcode feature?
    I can see from the the debug list of commands that the simulator 'Could not open the file'. Which implies it could find it although I've tried placing the Array in the resource folder with no affect.
    I'm running out of other ideas so appreciate some suggestions to try.
    www.e4training.com MMF Engineering Simulations
    www.pureseocms.com MMF website builder

OK. So I added another array object and this worked fine.
    I gradually changed all of the data and folder locations etc to be the same and switched them over but still no luck.
    It seems there is something in the original file setup. Perhaps the number of cells or whether it started as a 1 base or not.
    Some of my files have also passed through a table editor I made with the grid object. Just to see inside them. I've opened both files in this but don't know if or how it's had an affect.
    I'll keep looking until I can successfully use both files in either part of the program.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Blog Entries
    Make sure that it's either set to text or numbers, and also the index either 0 or 1. that makes a big difference.

Solved it. The Array object was probably taken from an earlier program where I did something similar and thought I could reuse some code.
    Using the new array object instead of the old one worked fine.
    I've seen this before with other objects that for some reason they don't update and have different performance. Normally it's just the object's icon and nothing else.
    This is weird as the Android and HTML5 operation is fine.

Just to follow up.
    It did not work again in the morning but I've now got it working again now and even on the old one.
    I have to say I found a stray capital letter which seems to affect the IOS version only. I may have been only typing the test array correctly.
    text and base were correct.
    I've also noticed that the sometimes opening the phone simulation runs an old build even though I'd completely deleted the old project files. This may have confused testing as I'm not confident it's just capital letter as I tried things in the root directory on several occasions.

Blog Entries
    Could you post an example of what you have? so we can take a look at it?
    Sounds like the file is getting corrupted by something.

Sorry for never following up on this, but I ended up figuring it out. I noticed the issue with it not loading was occurring whenever the app was loaded for the first time onto a device, then once it was saved properly via the debug menu it worked fine. The reason? The place it was initially being saved had the Array object set to a Text Array, so it wasn't able to put the numeric value into it that it was supposed to so it was just resulting in a blank Array. The debug menu, on the other hand, had it set to a Number Array, so it was able to create the Array properly, then load it in the other frame as a Number Array, overwriting the Text Array I had placed there.

Moral of the story, always be careful your Array objects are consistent or else something like this might happen. Gary, be sure to check this too like Perry said, because it's entirely likely it's the same issue.

Blog Entries
    Glad you got the issue resolved