Thread: Lengthen or loop sound effect at runtime?

Lengthen or loop sound effect at runtime?

Does anyone have a method for drawing out sound effects, or looping the middle of them, during runtime? I know I can just reset the current position of the sound but that results in some choppy sounds. A smooth way of doing this is what I'm after.

My plan is to use this with a few simple voice samples, drawing them out as long as a key is held (do, re, mi, fa so...).

Quote Originally Posted by KLiK-iT View Post
    How about using Midi tones?
    I need it to be a voiced sample, unfortunately.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Got ya. I really don't know of a way to do this in 2.5 unfortunately.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Hmmm,.do you think using a value to fade in the volume when you loop the sound so it's not choppy would work?

There's gotta be some way to pull this off...I'll play with fades but I'm not sure just how to achieve the effect I'm looking for.

In case anyone has ideas, I'm looking to have a quick sound played when a key is pressed but the same sound extended when the key is held. Example:
    Tap A: "mi" sound plays.
    Hold A: "miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" sound plays until you let go.

Some sounds will need the tail end repeated, others the beginning, so that complicates things...

make hour long samples

p.s. who is the character on ur profile pic? looks like one of the original klik n play art library enemies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SHINBAXTER View Post
    make hour long samples

p.s. who is the character on ur profile pic? looks like one of the original klik n play art library enemies lol.
    I have no idea what my profile pic is. I saw it online somewhere years ago and saved it, lol

This complicates it even more because if you press the key once or hold it,.the sample will play both if you know what I mean. If you think about it,... how long does the advantage person able to hold a note before they run out of air to push the note out. I say you need a 30 second note tops or less. Still this will be hard to code either way.

Just a thought, try splitting your sound file in half so you can repeat the "a" sound after "fa".