Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Retrieve machine GUID?

Retrieve machine GUID?

Does anyone have a method for this? I need it dearly.

you can create a vb script and call it from your app.
    look here work fine:
    http://www.out-web.net/?p=241

Quote Originally Posted by bob9996 View Post
    you can create a vb script and call it from your app.
    look here work fine:
    http://www.out-web.net/?p=241
    Just now saw your response. Any idea how to run that script in MMF and make use of the result?

Just to give perspective to this issue, I'll explain what I'm doing. I have a 14-free trial of my software. I run a nice little php script to add the user's ID to a database and reference the date on the server in order to determine if the trial is still valid. I can also extend a trial for someone by manually tweaking their ID/date on the server.

The thing is...I don't have a reliable way of getting a truly unique ID for the machine! As such, I'm having some users who are interests in trying my software report the trial is expired on first launch since there was already someone with their ID. The current ID is based on Windows User/Volume Serial and clearly isnt working.

Any help is appreciated!

Just an idea,
    (assuming there's no object n Fusion capable of retrieving similar infos)
    you could look for an external freeware/available for commercial use software to bundle within yours,
    launch it (run external application) on first run for getting unique machine info you need,
    you'd need a command line software which outputs the data to a text file,
    so you can read it from fusion, store this info and then delete the file

i.e. something like this:
    http://hardware-id-extractor.soft32.com/
    (never used, first google result found, don't know if it has text output,
    nor if it's a fake/virus whatever - just to check that something similar should exist )
    a selection of my Fusion examples can be found here

Seems like a good solution, though with a more reputable program. Maybe I'll see if I can get someone on UpWork to write a quick .exe for me that exports the GUID into a text file for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    Just to give perspective to this issue, I'll explain what I'm doing. I have a 14-free trial of my software. I run a nice little php script to add the user's ID to a database and reference the date on the server in order to determine if the trial is still valid. I can also extend a trial for someone by manually tweaking their ID/date on the server.

The thing is...I don't have a reliable way of getting a truly unique ID for the machine! As such, I'm having some users who are interests in trying my software report the trial is expired on first launch since there was already someone with their ID. The current ID is based on Windows User/Volume Serial and clearly isnt working.

Any help is appreciated!
    Have you tried Clickteam's Trial Period object? That would probably be easier.

I have. It requires admin rights, which I need to avoid.

If anyone is capable of solving this, send me a PM and we can work something out.

I found this on the internet : UUID is the best way to ID a machine

Try this in a console window :

wmic csproduct get UUID

In ctf2.5, use the file object to Run the console hidden. Then send the output to a text file (use the temp directory) and then read it
    and then delete the file.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast