Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Retrieve machine GUID?

Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    I found this on the internet : UUID is the best way to ID a machine

Try this in a console window :

wmic csproduct get UUID

In ctf2.5, use the file object to Run the console hidden. Then send the output to a text file (use the temp directory) and then read it
    and then delete the file.
    And if we still had the "pipe object" this would have worked perfect without having to save a text file or anything, but unfortunately like many community made non profit plugins, support discontinues and they become incompatible (sorry for the rant)
    Parafly Paragliding Simulator http://www.parafly-sim.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon View Post
    And if we still had the "pipe object" this would have worked perfect without having to save a text file or anything, but unfortunately like many community made non profit plugins, support discontinues and they become incompatible (sorry for the rant)
    Ok so you can still download the pipe object here (why is this not in the extension manager?): http://sites.google.com/site/mmf2stu...attredirects=0

And ive made a simple 2 event example which gets the UUID without any console windows, text files ETC. uuid-example.mfa

Hope this is some use to you.

Andy
    Parafly Paragliding Simulator http://www.parafly-sim.co.uk

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Blog Entries
    The pipe object has been replaced with the Console object available here: https://dark-wire.com/exts/Console.zip

Also, both the Console and Pipe objects were made by Clickteam, and you can PM James to ask for the Console object to be added to the Extension Manager: https://community.clickteam.com/priv...p?do=newpm&u=1

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

I could make a basic extension that returns "wmic csproduct get UUID" although this isn't always specified on system's BIOS especially if its not an OEM system it may return FF's. but then it could always fail over to generating something using the HDD's serial numbers and NIC mac address

First though its worth using the registry object to read the MachineGuid string:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography

Although this can change with hardware changes.

Quote Originally Posted by danworth View Post
    I could make a basic extension that returns "wmic csproduct get UUID" although this isn't always specified on system's BIOS especially if its not an OEM system it may return FF's. but then it could always fail over to generating something using the HDD's serial numbers and NIC mac address

First though its worth using the registry object to read the MachineGuid string:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography

Although this can change with hardware changes.
    The problem I had with the registry was needing admin access to read the files. It was a while back I played with it, so I may have been going about it wrong.

I used the example inuded earlier, which was a great help. The small issue is it seems sometimes wmic is in the system32/wbem directory and other times its located in the system32 directory.

My main concern is that I barely know what I'm doing with this uuid stuff. Any examples or extensions are much appreciated and I'm sure the whole community will benefit

Clickteam Clickteam
    Blog Entries
    If you don't want your user to elevate administrative rights after they have installed it, then I highly recommend you do the checks post-install by launching an executable that does require elevated rights but because the installer had elevated rights, it won't require your end-user to elevate again thus rendering it already 'administrative' and you can then quickly gather an ID from the registry and write that out to a file what you can use for your app launches.

Additionally, you can use any of the hardware IDs present for uniqueness, all the hardware IDs are stored in the registry. I can't think off the top of my head right now but I know they are there, I used them a few times in various different projects for generating super-unique strings.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

I think Danny has the right solution for this. However you cant get the Machine Guid from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography because its only in the 64-bit area of the registry. You won't find this in the 32-bit area.
    It is possible for 32-bit application to read from the 64-bit area, but none of the registry extensions support this :-/

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal View Post
    It is possible for 32-bit application to read from the 64-bit area, but none of the registry extensions support this :-/
    Actually Registry2 does:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    He means, the Registry 2 object has no options to access the HKLM registry keys for 64-bit applications. CF 2.5 apps are 32-bit apps so in theory you don't need this, but you might need it if you want to change the settings of 64-bit apps or the OS.

This option was added for CF 2.5 but for some reason this change was not propagated to the official version, not sure why. I've updated the feature request in the bugbox, you can download it from there: http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/1051.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Thanks alot advaith. I didn't have this version. I didn't know it was updated at all with 64-bit support. Why wasn't it showing up as outdated in the extension manager?
    I tested this with trying to read the string "MachineGuid" from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography " and it worked fine even as invoker (Didn't have to run the application as an administrator. I am logged into an administrator account so maybe it wouldn't work if I was logged in to an non-administrator account)

I know it's no longer needed but as I made a start I thought I'd just finish it. I've attached a WMI Extension I made with an example of usage attached.
    Attached files Attached files
    Last edited by danworth; 18th July 2017 at 11:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast