User Tag List

Thread: Monetize Android games. Which is the best method?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monetize Android games. Which is the best method?

I have published two games and one application in Google Play, I am mainly using Admob and I have also tried Charboost and leadbolt.

The results are very bad, both Chartboost and Leadbolt has been practically 0.
    Admob is the only one that generates some money but the payments per click are ridiculous (lower than any ads ads in a web)

I would like to know the experience of other developers, and some advice on what is best to use and not to try to get the maximum benefit of the games created.

Thank you all.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested to know. I'm using Chartboost and so far I've made a whopping $1.40. Had a good spike in activity yesterday and still only made 4c

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Chartboost for around two months, at first I had terrible eCPM but after setting priorities for campaigns and filtering it's okay. Currently my eCPM is around 3$ which is okay for my game.
    I'm also filtering apps that aren't doing too well; say some app has 2000 impressions and 0 installs, I block it. But yeah, it's not big eCPM by any means but it's okay, making around 20-30$ a day.

Needless to say there are tons of things to take into consideration. Where and how to show ads, what to show, what kind of game you have etc. Can't say much about other networks though...!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still new to using Chartboost. How do I filter certain apps?

So far though I've only had 2 installs at all, so I think I need to wait a while.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's tough to get installs.

Go to campaigns -> publishing -> select your campaign -> advanced settings
    There you can see "Blocked apps", you can block apps there or you can create app list to block apps.

As for how to see what apps to block, well, first you'll need a lot of impressions in order to have reliable statistics.
    However you can do this by going Analytics -> Campaign, set settings accordingly, select past 30 days or so and group by "App". Hit refresh button and it will generate you a report.

There's actually a tutorial what to do with the report, look it up from Chartboost site. "Filtering apps chartboost" etc. should probably do.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    J3sseM, r u using reward video ads, or interstitial ads?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah good point, sorry I forgot to mention. I'm only using video ads.
    No static ads or reward videos, just video ads.

If you can, reward video is probably something you might want to take a closer look.

To mention, after reading and asking around I decided to make my game free to play + ads + one time IAP to remove the ads.
    This seems to work pretty well! Also this way I don't need to "share" my downloads between two versions of the game.

Next time around I'll consider having free "Chapter 1" of the game and IAP to unlock the rest of the game, not sure how this would perform though.

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was thinking of going down the same route. I already have a separate paid version of my app, mainly because at the time I didn't know how IAP worked.

I had complaints when I implemented video ads over static ads about how annoying they were, but perhaps I just need to work on how often they're showed. Unfortunately due to the nature of my app, there's not much in the way of scene changes of game overs since it's not really a game, so finding timing can be tricky.

Thanks for the info and advice!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    J3sseM Thanks for the information and advice.

I am trying out Admob interstitial and Charboost Video. Admob has the lowest paid clicks that Adsense on the web (usually) and Charboost I am not able to achieve results, I will try to use your tips.