User Tag List

Thread: Visualizing Collisions in Firefly?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visualizing Collisions in Firefly?

Is there any way to see an object's collision radius? I frequently run into issues with collision, and it often occurs because it's difficult to determine how the changes to the radius and translation are effecting the collision bounds.

Also: Is there any way to simulate a "While Colliding" condition? The "Has collided with" condition only detects on impact, not while an object is currently colliding with something and not moving.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could add a primitive sphere - and parent it.

i'll look into adding it to the debug options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try the sphere thing, though I'm not sure if the size adjustments will be the same as the collision radius.

You didn't answer my second question though, about having a "While Colliding" event. Like for example, if a player were to fall into lava and they're supposed to continuously take damage if they stand in the lava, whether or not they continue moving. Isn't there some way to do that sort of thing?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    normally in 3d programming for that question - is to check the distance between both collision spheres/radius is lesser - eg - if both radius is 1, and if they are closer than 1, then they are overlapping.

the easy way is to simulate all collisions in 2d; you have a solid reliable source - and can use standard fusion Overlapping or collides - but you need to simulate your 3d world in 2d for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @danjo Checking the distance doesn't really work for an object where the shape of the mesh is important (like a level mesh or a long flat plain). Using 2D to simulate collisions limits objects to 2D movement and doesn't allow decimal precision.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what you see on the 2d field doesn't have to mean is it literal. 1 pixel may equal 0.1 on the 3d axis IF you want it to