User Tag List

Thread: Adding in a HUD?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding in a HUD?

I looked through all of the threads currently here for Firefly and not one of them (as far as I'm aware of) describe how to add a HUD into the game. I was wondering how one would go about doing that.

Also, is there a way to get counters to be visible? I understand that the default 2D engine and Firefly's 3D engine can be considered two different "worlds" and you can't view both at the same time, but is there a work around somebody's found or something?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can do a HUD in 2 ways - either a 3d hud via a billboard parented to the camera, or via 1 or more firefly 2d images.

for counters, you can use firefly text - and set the text to the value of the counter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also use sub applications as well but you have to use Popup windows. (reason I did it this way is because you can use active system boxes which are cheaper on resources).

For game ready though you'd want to use 2D images because they look really good and can be used in fullscreen mode.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can actually set your engine to be some pixels smaller than the frame, then use the rest of the frame for the hud, using normal actives

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that would only be a GUI not a HUD but ....

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hijack this topic but it is quite a similar question.

I use mmf to build applications, not games. I would like to have a 3d viewer in my 2d application which represents a simulation of the real world. As i don't own Firefly yet I am not sure how this can be done. my first thought would be to create a 3d Firefly app and load this in my 2d application with the sub-app extension. Communicate to it through global function object and some global value object.
    Ideally I just add a Firefly window in my 2d application which will load the 3d objects. Is this possible? In this example it seems so but can someone confirm please.

To clarify: i have 100 LED bulbs as a chandelier. The 2d application will have some timeline functionalities so I can create various effects. I want to simulate how it is going to look like in the 3d firefly screen so i can see the led bulbs change color in the simulator before i go to the customer and connect the system.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no need for a separate app - just decide where the user sees it - and add a "window" into the 3d world from your 2d frame. - if you want to send me a test mfa i can show you how it would look like

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! thanks for the quick response Triadian. Maybe a common example which shows how to interact with objects from 2d to the 3d world would be a worthy example for some people. So some sliders and up/down controls in the 2d and then see the objects in 3d move in direction or so. Though it would be simple to make anyway if firefly is implemented in the way i think it is.

For exporting types only windows exe is available I guess? I read on forums no ports to android and ios so I guess neither for html5?