User Tag List

Thread: Replace Color extremely expensive?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace Color extremely expensive?

So I'm using the replace color function to make my player flash when his attack is charged up (think megaman)... he has black outlines, every 5 frames I'll toggle between black and red with the replace color function.. he also has dark blue outlines that I want to flash red.. when I do them both at the same time, I get a massive frame rate hit.. like from 60 FPS to 10 FPS... am I doing something wrong?

Actually, for now.. never mind the performance hit.. can anyone figure out why when I'm using this new method of swapping colours.. the my players hair won't change colour the way the black does?

It seems like it's not recognising the RGB value of the Hair colour but it is for the Black colour..
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave. I think you'll find its because only the values before the commas are being recognised and everything after that isn't. The light blue / purple colour of the hair returns a value of 15439723 if you use get RGB. The black you're referring to has a value of 8. By the way when you switch both the blue / purple colour to red 255 at the same time Fusion won't know which colour to switch it back to, perhaps have it cycle in a way that when it's red it's not red at exactly the same time.

Here's a work around Flash Test for Dave.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks mate! hmmm that's an annoying bug.. but it seems fairly easy to work around, I can just place the actions on a different line and then they can be performed together on the same frame with no delay.

Do you / anyone happen to know a quick way to find the RGB value that Fusion will use for each colour, (eg the hair value of 3349259) without having to manually check by using Fusions Get RGB function?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here Dave, I borrowed this idea from another example to make the mouse select the RGB from an active

Flash Test 4.mfa

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice, my game actually doesn't have that many colours, so won't take too long to record the ones I need thanks buddy!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace color is awesome, but I have ALWAYS had a very small (but noticeable) pause when it's "doing it's thing".
    Most of the time I'll use them upon frame load so it's no big deal. (And also why I use the invert effect for when things take damage instead of the replacer- there's no pause).