User Tag List

Thread: Virtual Buttons for Touch Screen

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Virtual Buttons for Touch Screen

Hey guys, it's been a while. Had to take a while off from developing games for a bit due to work, and my baby etc. Life just gets busy sometimes.

Anywho, in my time away, I've forgotten a LOT, and I'll definitely need to brush up on my skills once again. Last I was around I had learned a lot and was getting pretty good, now I feel I'm new to it again.

My problem now is that I want to a few images I have as virtual on screen buttons for iOS and Android and the like, and make my character move. I've downloaded an example from the forums, it's so complicated I have no idea how to pick it apart, and all the other suggestions I've read are not very detailed and are confusing.

Basically, the first game I had set out to make was a bit over ambitious, and I'm taking a break from it (will finish in future). I would, however, like to create a pretty basic platform game. It's very easy to do so for PC's, but I would like people on all platforms to be able to play. Please explain to me the most simple way to have virtual buttons on screen that control an active object's movement! E.G. > goes right < goes left O is jump. Thanks for all help in advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Nobody has anything?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use this: http://clickstore.clickteam.com/dynamic_touch_screen_joystick

I'm looking for some more examples.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @amiman99 yeah I saw that, but I'd rather program something myself. Thanks though!

@DaveC I think that will help me, yes. Going to give it a go and try it in a few minutes, just arrived home from work. Thanks for the response, much appreciated!

I guess if I can't figure it out I'll buy that extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also a built in virtual joystick in cf2.5, which I never used. I did see tutorial for that, but I can't find it.