User Tag List

Thread: Can we see events in the debugger:

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we see events in the debugger:

thi may be a very silly question for those who use the debugger a lot, but
    Ok, If I made 100 games, I~d say I have used the debugger in One of them only.. That is how much I use the debugger... So,
    I tried using it today because something was not going right... so maybe I should rephrase my question before even asking it....

What I wanted was a way to visually see a highlight going in slow motion through each event line (on the event editor) so as to show me if the highlight skips any event (or event group) - Since I know that does not exist in MMF2, my question then is - is there a way to see events in the debugger: and if so, can we know which ones are on or at which line did the program stop or skipped.. (if so)
    well I saw global events (but I did not create any global events, just normal ones)..... so I am left wondering what is going on that an action is not happening inside a turned off event group, even though I did ask (lines before) to activate it...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my! you know I love it when a fresh idea pops to mind and you are able to get out of your sink hole with beautiful alternatives... So I probably found out a clever way to find out about my problem without resorting to the debugger. What I am doing now (and I am still in the process of studying it) is - showing up (making visible) actives with the group title written on it, so I know if the group has been activated indeed or not.. so if an active does not show up that means the group has not been activated..
    when the game starts (of course) all these actives are invisible.. (I hope you get what I mean)

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Usually what I do when I need to know which events have activated for a section of code is have a list object and for every event have a "Add line to list" action. Then I can just look through the list and see which events executed. If I need more detail, I can add timestamps, save to text file, make it also print the current value of counters or global values, etc.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.