User Tag List

Thread: making a group of objects the player captures over 50 levels

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile making a group of objects the player captures over 50 levels

Hello programmers out there, I am trying to wrap my head around a problem and I am not a programmer. I will try to explain it the best I can. In my space shooter game, the hyperdrive was destroyed, the player needs to capture pieces of it floating in space and in the end put it back together. So during play (which is shooting asteroids and aliens) a piece of the hyperdrive will float through the playfield and if the ship overlaps it a string will say "You have captured a piece of the hyperdrive!" When the level is complete and you choose to go to the next level you have the option of going to the hyperdrive frame. In this frame I have a picture of the hyperdrive that is gray. Each time a new piece is captured I would like it to be placed where it belongs on the image in color.
    So, I have a small object representing the piece of hyperdrive that moves on a path, and the ship overlaps it, and it disappears and then the string says you captured it. But I need to somehow have the actual size piece appear in the hyperdrive frame and then the program to know that it should float the next piece either in that level or the next ( like every 30 seconds) until it is captured. I'm thinking maybe this involves lists or but it is just so over my head. Is there a simple way to do this? I've thought I may have to abandon this part of the game if it is too complicated. I am just not a programmer. I know what I want it to do, I just can't figure out how to get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Cathy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is quite easy, actually.

If the hyperdrive parts are always collected in the same order, you can just use a counter, and set the Display type to Animation instead of Numbers (under the counter's properties). You can double click the counter to edit the frames of the counter, and/or add new ones.
    In this example I made the hyperdrive out of 9 parts instead of 50, but you get the idea. Don't know what a hyperdrive looks like so I had to guess. I'm using a global value (partsFound) to indicate how many parts have been found, and I set the counter to always be set to the value of partsFound.

However, if the hyperdrive parts are not collected in a specific order, you could use flags. Each part would use its own flag. If the part is not found yet, the flag is set to 0. If the flag is set to 0, the part is set to invisible. If the part is found and the flag is set to 1, you can make the part (re)appear.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adnihil, that is really cool! So how does it keep track of whether the part has been found in another frame? Are the parts just global objects, or can they be even though they are in an animation? This will work great for the last part of the problem- putting the hyperdrive together. I guess I am still wondering how to track the individual parts... So if I made a flag for each part of the hyperdrive would I need to put that code in every frame?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, sorry, I was wrong on that! I hadn't used Clickteam Fusion in a while and for some reason thought that flags were global, which they're not.

In this case, the best way I know how to do this is by using a separate global value for each part of the hyperdrive. It should be possible to do using global objects as well, but I've never been able to get that to work... Maybe someone else can help you with that.
    I also read that you can save up to 32 flags in one global value somewhere, but couldn't find any more info on this.

Anyways, here's an example I made.
    Attached files Attached files