User Tag List

Thread: Array Example That Hold Different Images

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Array Example That Hold Different Images

I was wondering if anyone knew of a simple (or relatively simple) example of an array to hold a selection of images. Something I could look at to see the best way to implement such a thing in Fusion 2.5.

Thanks,

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well technically-speaking you could use an active object's directions / direction value to hold and display a selection of images from values 0-31.

Using a 32 directional movement, direction 0 would be hard right, 1 would be the next spot going counter-clockwise and so on. You could then reference any of these pictures using a variable / value like: Set Active Object's direction to (value)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    better than direction value would be animation frame value.. but to me, it's not clear exactly what OP is trying to do..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you use the Swap function if your images are all in a single Active or do they have to be separate Actives?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can have several images in an Active.
    you just switch Frame, or switch movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    better than direction value would be animation frame value.. but to me, it's not clear exactly what OP is trying to do..
    Yeah sorry, this is what I meant. The 32 different directions / pictures of an active object

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but what DaveC is saying; is leave them all in 1 Dir/Anim and just set it to which ever Frame; rather than moving between 32 images without changing animations; you could have "a lot" accessible in 1

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an example that changes the image frame based on a number with a single line.

It's the same as an array that has an index of 0. The only difference is that you have to add 11 to your y index.

Edit: Added an updated example where you can use y alongside x using custom animations.
    Attached files Attached files