Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: global event with counter?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

global event with counter?

This is a follow up to my recent post. I am still trying to figure out how to have pieces of my hyperdrive float through play frames and then when captured, the next one is put out for the player to capture regardless of what frame they are playing. So I was thinking I could use a global event. I don't really understand how global values work and can't find a tutorial. But what I'm looking for is a counter that would or way to track whether a part has been captured and then the next part would be sent out. The thing is how or where do I put the path movement of the part- in which frame if it is a global event? The movement should occur in frame 1 or frame 15 depending on how many of the parts the player has collected. Could someone help me to figure out how to set this up? Thank you clickers!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    global values (ARE) counters/values that are kept which can be referenced on ALL frames.
    you have unlimited global values starting at A,B,C etc they can be renamed so you know what they are in future - and they are accessed in the application properties under values;
    global events will be code that runs on every frame under the next tab in application properties - if it needs objects referencing, it can reference them from objects on any frame - you will see import in global events, which will list any objects place in the entire application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    danjo,
    I guess I find this rather frustrating. I understand there are global values and global events. However, I am struggling with getting this to work. I have found I can't use qualifiers in global events which makes things more difficult. But, regardless, events I code as global events are not occurring. This may seem obvious and simple to you, but for me I don't have a background in programming. It would be great if I could find a tutorial on global events and how to program them, but haven't found any so far. Any help with explaining how I do this coding would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey Cathy,

Global Events are just that; they are events that are applicable (global) to every frame and the objects contained inside the applications frames. I'll see if I can draw up a tutorial on this to further iterate.

Also in reference to your initial point, I wouldn't use counters. I would use Global Values as they are numeric values that can be global across all frames (ie: if global value is set to 1 in frame 1, then when you go to frame 2, it will still be 1 - unless you change it yourself).

Check this link out - Global Events in Clickteam Fusion 2.5
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cathy,
    Could you explain what was wrong with the example I posted in your previous thread? I thought I understood how you wanted your game to be, but now I'm not so sure.

Which one of these would come closest to what you mean?

A. 1 part per level. 1 specific part per specific level. For example part A would only be found in level 1, and part B would only be found in level 2 and so on.
    B. 1 part per level, but the player would for example be able to play level 1 three times to collect part A, B, and C in that order.
    C. 1 part per level, but the player would for example be able to play level 1 three times to collect part Q, W, and E (the order of parts is random).
    D. An indefinite amount of parts per level. A specific part keeps on floating around in any level until it gets caught, and then the next part starts floating around in that same level without having to finish the level first. For example a player would be able to collect parts A, B, and C in order, in one playthrough of level 5.
    E. An indefinite amount of parts per level. A random part keeps on floating around in any level until it gets caught, and then an other random part starts floating around in that same level without having to finish the level first. For example a player would be able to collect parts S, D, and F in one playthrough of level 5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    danjo great post! this is without a doubt the best explanation about global values I have ever seen.
    I will repost this on my website, this is just too amazing. WOW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Danny!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adnihil,
    I loved you example but I haven't been able to make it work for what I am doing. None of the above. I have 50 levels. I need 25 parts to appear one at a time. When 1 part gets caught the next part begins to appear. But this needs to happen in level 1 or 2 or 15, depending on where the player is and if they have caught the parts. As the player catches the parts I need them to show up in the hyperdrive picture, filling it in. So your example is really cool for filling in the picture and I have tried different ways to make it work with global events but it isn't working. I just don't know enough about coding I think to make it work. I really appreciate everybody's help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You saw the second example I made too, right? Using a global value for each object would work for what you're trying to do...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cathy,.is there anyway you can upload the mfa? I think it would be best to see what you're doing. Hard to tell from what you have written above what needs to be done and how it needs to be done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast