User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: global event with counter?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klik-it, You are probably right. I currently have 10 levels of the game. The level called hyperdrive is where I would like the pieces to fill in. I have the first piece moving in playlevel one. I tried to sign up for the tutorial course Danny offers but I couldn't get it to accept my debit or discover card. I realize I am probably just not understanding something simple. Thanks for taking a look and making suggestions. Everyone in the community has been so kind and helpful, it is really appreciated. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gudrtbjcx5...oter5.mfa?dl=0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take a look later tonight when I get home unless someone else chimes in first.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cathy, I'm pretty sure I know what you want done.

Each level your ship needs to find and run into the puzzle piece,..correct? This piece is part of the Hyperdrive level,..correct?

Ok,.this is what you need to do.
    Each level needs it's own global value just for that piece of the hyperdrive puzzle.
    Example: Level one name the global value P1<----- abbreviation for (piece 1),..LOL
    For Level 2 name the global value P2
    For Level 3 name the global value P3
    You see what I mean? Continue with these for all the levels. Last global value should be P25. You have 25 pieces to the puzzle (if I counted right) correct?

Next, take all the pieces in the hyperdrive counter and make them all active objects. Change the big hyperdrive picture (the big rocket) and change it to a background object. Or you can just delete all the other frames in the counter leaving the Rocket.
    Next, take all the pieces and put them in place over the hyperdrive rocket background so they are in place over the rocket where they belong. I would start from the bottom piece and rename them starting with PP1 as the first piece and continue up naming each piece, PP2, PP3 PP4 and so on. In the object properties,.make all the pieces invisible.

Now,.in the hyperdrive frame, "event editor", code this. Global value P1 = 1 + Only one action when event loops, make piece 1 reappear . Now continue to code the rest of the global values,.like this..Global value P2 = 1 + Only one action when event loops, make piece 2 reappear and so on.

In each level where these pieces are and your ship collides with them you'll need an event that reads...Ship collides with piece, set global value in this case lets use level 1. Set global value P1 to 1 and destroy the piece. When you go to the hyperdrive level if global value P1 = 1 that piece will be visible. If the player doesn't get the piece, that event won't happen and the piece won't be visible. The player will need to play the level again to get that piece. I know all this sounds difficult, but it can be done with some work.

The other thing that should take place is all these values should be saved in an INI along with scores and levels beat and so on. There are tutorials on the INI here on the site to help you out if you want to save these values. I'm sure there are a few things I missed, but for the most part, this should get you on the right path.

Here are a few pictures. I hope this makes sense. If not let me know.
    hyperdrive frame.jpg
    Global values.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cathy,.you still with us? Do you understand my post above? Just wondering if it helped?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klik-it,
    I'm still here, sorry had to work some crazy shifts with no sleep. This is awesome! Thank you so much! It does sound kind of hard but I will start working on it. I was able to sign up for Danny's course so that will help too. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me. I have had to work a lot and haven't been able to get to the game for days : ( but next two days off will be working on it and doing tutorials.
    Cathy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great that you have a few days off to work on your game and take some of Danny's tutorials in. He is a master. Here is a link of a stripped down version of your game. It just includes the start frame, level one and the hyperdrive frame. It will already be setup for you. If you want to use level one frame and the hyperdrive frame,.just open my mfa minimize it and open your game and copy level one and the hyperdrive frame into your game and then after that delete your level one and the hyperdrive frame leaving my new frames in your game. This way you don't have to do the work with the values, but you'll still need to change the names of the global values as they will default to A, B C and so forth but it will still work. When you play level one. run into the piece, after that and just for testing, press the letter "H" on your keyboard and you will jump to the hyperdrive frame and you'll see the first piece of the rocket puzzle. Oh,.by pasting these frames into your game you will need to change how it jumps to the next frame as the code might say "replace the deleted action" or something like that. Before you copy the frames into your game,.load my mfa and look at how it's setup and play it. This way you'll see how the values are named and so forth. Don't forget to press "H' on the keyboard to jump to the hyperdrive frame after you run into the first piece. You can also press "H" before you run into the first piece to see the hyperdrive frame and you'll notice the piece won't be visible. When you get to the hyperdrive frame you can end the application by pressing ESC on the keyboard to exit.
    Just in case, save your game after pasting the new frames as a different name. This will save your original mfa as it was before you changed it, just in case you have an issue you'll have the original. Take your time and it will work out.

Keep us posted.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20shooter7.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You! I was wondering if its not too crazy if instead of having the piece attached to one level, could at start of frame, have an event that checks if global value P1=1, if global value P2=1, etc and when it finds one that doesn't =1 it knows to launch that next piece. Then those pieces would occur throughout the game and not be tied to any one level. I guess then I would have to figure out what to do with the player who doesn't catch the 25 pieces over 50 levels. I originally thought that would be one of the criteria for winning the game. Like the highest level of achievement. There are the stars- lowest achievement, the points which are next hardest, and a combination of those latter with the hyperdrive completion as the highest completion. What do you think Klik-It? Am I crazy? I'm going to work on this tonight. I went through Danny's tutorials on global values and I understand what you are saying now. Thank you again for taking the time and being patient with me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yes you could do that, but the code would be a lot of work and I mean a lot of work!! Instead of 50 levels, why not keep it to 25 levels and have a piece per level. It will give the player something to shoot for in each of those levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, you are probably right. I got it all set up and it is sweet! I just have to put the pieces in each level, but it works great for level one. Its awesome! Thanks again. I think after they put it together, maybe I will have the player wire it in another mini game- just thinkin...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome. Honestly I was thinking that you could have a mini game within your game after they get all the pieces to the rocket puzzle!! Well, good luck with the game! Keep me posted....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2