User Tag List

Thread: Loading multiple frames into 1 frame with code

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loading multiple frames into 1 frame with code

Sorry for the confusing title but it's hard to describe the question in a short space lol. I am working on a game with several frames for each stage. I have a debug frame to do all the main code for the game in to try to keep things neater and less of a pain so i can just take that code and drop it into the frames where needed, then activate/deactivate groups as the pertain to particular stages. While this will work i know that this is a big pitfall when new things get added/some things get removed by having to go through hundreds of frames and updated the code. I know it's not best practice but i'm also not very good at loading 1 stage at a time per frame yet either lol. I've read somewhere that frames can be stored by .ini and loaded when a frame starts. That said, shouldn't it be possible (im assuming) to have 1 frame with my code like me debug frame, all the objects that i need, and load each stage thru it based on the ini file? For example, for say stage 1, couldn't i do a start of frame for my debug and link say a stage counter global value, and when the value equals "x" it loads that stage based on the frame number stored in the ini file, then run the code for all the objects out of my main debug frame?

EDIT: or maybe a better way to ask is, would i be able to save the code from the event editor from that debug frame, then load it in each frame without copy/pasting the whole thing. That way whenever i need to update the code i can just update the single frame vs all the others.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I understood the question,
    and you don't use qualifiers,
    have you considered using "global events"?

This way you could only code once for every frame, and import new objects you might add in a later stage

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a really good idea dude, I'm at work so I won't be able to try this until morning but I'm guessing there's no way to pair up qualifiers on global objects/events?

EDIT:......ho.....lee........chit!!! Lol schrodinger you are the man dude!!!!! I can't believe i didnt try this before!! thank you soo much dude, i just reserved another spot for the special thanks for you dude lol. I just never thought of trying it because i thought it would be chock full of bugs! Wow.....this is going to speed things up TREMENDOUSLY for this project.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Global events are very useful sometimes. Now i make my games in one frame only though and load the screens with groups so that frame itself kind of becomes the global events but i still use the regular global events for some stuff because i know the whole game probably will need more than 1 frame...and....

schrodinger IS the man :-D him and Nivram are 2 very valuable members here...just to go a little OT :-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    eheheh too kind man thank you

@ warmachine: you can't use qualifier in global events, that and the missing event-list-view is what limits more their use imo
    but seems like you got things working anyway