User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gray's Journey (Platformer with a twist)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Super Rabbit Reach (Platformer)

The concept of this game is simple, it's a platformer where you can use the character's ears to get some extra mobility. See a cliffside you can't get up? Is there a branch? No problem. Reach up and pull yourself up!

If you like what you see, go download it over at GameJolt! http://gamejolt.com/games/SuperRabbitReach/230595!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the ears giving you a boost and that you can collect carrots by stretching your ears too. Looks fun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw your comment aenever. I wasn't sure if people would like it!

In order to make the ear stretching, I had to throw out all of the pre-built physics engines and make my own hitboxes and physics from scratch, but I think it turned out quite well. On top of that, it gives me more options for customization, so I'm glad that I did.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol. i'm currently also making a platform game with a rabbit that eats carrots

the detached hands & feet & the ability to stretch ears makes me see the character as a "rabbit rayman"

good job

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually removed the arms and legs because it made it easier to animate (I'm very bad with sprites, this is probably the only time I've ever made sprites and thought they looked good). I only realized that it looked like Rayman after the fact. xD

Did Rayman have something with stretching? The only game in the series that I played was Rayman Legends.

Well, I thought up of the idea after reading an interview regarding Sega's original design for Sonic, which was a rabbit. I made a rabbit character about a year ago, and was reading the interview just 2 months ago. Originally, the character that Sega created was able to use his ears to climb and collect items, but they opted for a hedgehog instead. This is what got the snowball rolling, since I already had a rabbit character, and I began thinking, "What if I tried something like this? I've been trying and failing to make a platformer for months now, but perhaps this would help make the level design a bit more interesting."

I've been wanting to make a platformer for around half a year now, but I just couldn't get it to work quite right. Something always felt off. They always turned out to be a bland, dime-a-dozen platformer.

This time, it worked!

If you're interested in giving it a try yourself, an alpha build should be up in roughly 1-2 weeks (My current prediction is February 4th, the first boss just needs some polishing and a bug fix, but I can't guarantee that something won't go wrong and cause a delay).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i never played the rayman games, i don't think he actually stretched, jus the way he threw his hand out & it returned like a bomerang gave me the illusion of stretching.
    & cool idea, if sega never used it, then at least someones doing sumthin with the idea u gotta flow with wherever the inspiration comes from
    my game doesnt scroll, its more of a puzzle platform, actually a sequel to a endless runner i made on ios called "carrot catch!"

& yeah, i'm always up for trying out peoples new games

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yeah. Now I remember Rayman being able to reach really far. I forgot about that.

Your game is on iOS? I'll take a look at it when I have the time. Thanks for your input on the game, by the way. I really appreciate it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The alpha version of Gray's Journey will be available to download tomorrow!

Today, however, is special to me. Hard to believe it's been a year...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Alpha version is available!

EDIT: The game can now be played in your browser, if you don't feel like downloading it. It lacks transitions and a save feature, but other than that, it's the same game. (The hearts also don't work in the browser version)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The title's been changed to Super Rabbit Reach!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast