User Tag List

Thread: Is the updated 'Inventory Object' available yet?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the updated 'Inventory Object' available yet?

Hello people, back in July last year Yves mentioned that the old Inventory Object (created by Francois for MMF2) had been updated by Fernando to work with CF2.5, and at that point it was being tested. Just wondering if this object is still in the works or if there's any news about it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does the Inventory Object have over using an array?
    I've found arrays to be fine for all my Inventory related needs.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does the Inventory Object have over using an array?
    The inventory object can store objects rather than simply values. This is great for storing additional data such as renamed item names, durability and other info in the object's alterable values, information that couldn't fit nicely into a plain array. Personally, though, I'd be satisfied with a simple Object Array, as I often use Active Objects as a replacement for C Structs, using renamed alterable values.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. That would be useful for some games.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use a text array instead of number array, problem solved.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it to work fine in 2.5 DaveC has obviously installed it wrong.
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/71680-Inventory-object

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone can explain me how to make inventory using arrays? I have an backpack made of 20 slots and equipment of active 12 slots

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'd want to keep in mind scalability. so if you decide to increase limits it wouldn't take much work. Make notes on what information you would like to store in the inventory entry. You may find it easier to store data in a text array for instance if you wanted to store the item name and description in the item entry. I would personally prefer to have an ID that is used to lookup against another array for the name and description (that way if you rename the item it would make things simpler). The ID could also be used to look up against the items attributes (ie stackable, special stats and so on).

built in arrays don't have sorting. So you could either code your own sorting code or just sort the data when its displayed leaving the array order as it is.

If you have a total of 32 inventory slots have a flag that specifies if it is equipped. Then just make sure that no more than 12 items can be equipped.

I made an example for someone else here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/97848-Stacking-items-in-inventory?p=697369#post697369