User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Might have some Fusion 3 converts this year...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might have some Fusion 3 converts this year...

All manner of excretions are hitting fans at the Construct 3 forum, best prepare yourselves for some mutionous ship jumping over to Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw Construct 3's announcement. There were a lot of complaints about C2's HTML5 only nature going into this (A key reason I jumped to Fusion last year) and unless I missed something they seem to have not listened at all to the criticisms. Now it's operating out of a browser (Online or off) for a yearly subscription. It doesn't feel like they're a competitor to Clickteam anymore. They feel more like Stencyl now. Oh, and longtime members getting half off, while people buying C2 at the last second get it completely free for the first year is probably going to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

What I have seen of Fusion 3 on the other hand is the exact direction I was hoping it would take and reaffirms that I have made the right decision... so long as they keep the Event List Editor and don't make me use checkboxes :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess CT can rest assured they're still the leaders in the field then.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT is doing things right and Scirra is repelling users with their business decisions. It seems like we have found the winner of this battle.

Keep up the good work ClickTeam

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah! You can't beat the original :-D

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT, I beg. Don't go subscription. Please.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Construct is a pretty widely liked product. I took a peek at their forums when I read this. I really hate to see the users so disappointed with what Construct 3 seems to be shaping up to. Seems like Scirra is out of touch and hasn't listened to their user base as I know the HTML5 export was a HUGE criticism of C2. At least we can count on Clickteam for doing the right thing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    CT, I beg. Don't go subscription. Please.
    I could be remembering wrong, but I do believe they mentioned at some point it would be a one-time payment. I hope it stays that way. Subscription based software is like a plague to creativity. Unfortunately it's a model a lot of companies are starting to try because it consistently gets them revenue. That's probably why Scirra went this route.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we can get a firm confirmation from Clickteam ( @simon perhaps?) what the licensing model of fusion 3 would be - and if that in fact is going to be similar to what fusion 2.5 had - if that happens right now when Scirra is burning it's bridges -I can guarantee you that most of the angry users over there are almost certainly going to jump ship to clickteam and will probably impulse buy a fusion 3 license if that was offered to them as preorder!

Just the license alone not being a yearly subscription would be enough to steal like 80% of their userbase
    This is the moment Scirra is at their weakest, their users - even the most loyal ones are starting to turn head to other game engines

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F3 will not be subscription based.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast