User Tag List

Thread: Would it be worth it to make a website in Clickteam Fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be worth it to make a website in Clickteam Fusion?

I want to make a website, however, the only coding language I know is Clickteam. So I'm gonna make it in Clickteam. Before I jump into this, though, I want to know if it would be worth it to make a website using Clickteam Fusion.

What I'm planning on having for my website is a download page where you can download the games I've made, being able to put games up for sale and having people buy them (so handling credit card information or something similar, but I don't have any games worth selling yet, so I'm not concerned about this. Just planning ahead.), an about page, and a media feed page for posting updates that contain text, pictures, and maybe videos and gifs.

I figure this shouldn't be too hard to do as a standalone application, but my biggest concern is the online portion of it, especially the media feed. How could I do this in Clickteam, or would it be better to get something else to do it in instead?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You could design an awesome looking website in both Flash and/or HTML5 exporter, no issues at all. You could probably create better effects than standard libraries out there also.

The only con to it is: No SEO. SEO and getting the site indexed in search engines would be near impossible. It wouldn't be able to read the text in both Flash or HTML5 applications, so you would have to compensate by having to do some serious seo around the site on HTML/PHP pages.

Technically, that really is the only drawback. You could create an awesome CMS-style website using Flash/HTML5 by creating a separate admin application that you just update from your computer and it uploads the changes to the database in which your site will pull all this info when it refreshes/reloads.

Due to the fact you want to list games and purchases for sale, I would seriously recommend Wordpress and not using Fusion 2.5 for this project.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For HTML5 shortly will be available an object which allow you to add this kind of elements inside your developments.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made my official website complete with Fusion+HTML5 exporter :
    http://pershaland.com/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Danny Okay, so, this is just me thinking here, but right now all of my games are available on Game Jolt, a website where you can upload your games for free and sell them. At some point Game Jolt released a widget you can embed (honestly don't know if I'm using that term right, but I'm pretty sure I am) into your own website and people can download and purchase the game through that.

Like I said earlier, I'm not concerned with selling things at the moment, but I'm just thinking is it possible to shoehorn the widget into Clickteam somehow?

I also feel like I should mention that I know little to nothing about making and hosting a website, I'm just thinking about it and gathering information to see if it's worth doing now as opposed to waiting for when I'm more capable of actually doing it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEHRDAD View Post
    I made my official website complete with Fusion+HTML5 exporter :
    http://pershaland.com/
    Just a heads up, your site has some issues on Chrome (Windows) at 3840x2160 resolution. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/4RpWGZM.png

If I un-maximize Chrome and shrink the window down it displays correctly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer OP's question, yes you certainly could create an attractive website in Clickteam Fusion. However I would suggest using a specialized website tool like Wix or Weebly. Fusion is WONDERFUL for app and game projects, but your site will be more efficient and compatible if done in traditional HTML, javascript and css. Using the aforementioned tools is just as easy as Fusion, and they will also handle the hosting for you so you don't need to maintain a server or web space. There are also plenty of free WYSIWYG tools to create your own site if you don't want to spend any money (but then you'll have to find hosting somewhere).

This isn't to speak ill of Fusion at all, it's a great tool and one of my favorite environments to work in. But IMHO building your website in Fusion is sorta like driving an 18-wheel truck to work every day. It's a bit unwieldy and your file sizes will start getting HUGE very quickly as you add more content to your site.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_Wheel View Post
    Just a heads up, your site has some issues on Chrome (Windows) at 3840x2160 resolution. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/4RpWGZM.png

If I un-maximize Chrome and shrink the window down it displays correctly.
    Ohh ... OK . Thanks , I consider it.My browser is Fire Fox and didn't saw this issue on it.