User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The most fair / preferred pricing model for Fusion 3?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would be the most fair / preferred pricing model for Fusion 3?

Now that the pricing system has been on the table with some competitors etc. I would like to ask from the community: what kind of pricing system you prefer, so that it would be also fair for the ClickTeam. I think the pricing should be as appealing as possible to gain more users and grow the ecosystem.

@ClickTeam Could it be possible to have a free "Fusion 3 core" with only few plugins and probably without any exporters. So the monetizing system for Clickteam would be the plugins and exporters + MarketPlace. And the users could buy all the plugins and exporters they need. That way the pricing would be fair and ClickTeam could have a constant source for income.

1. Free Fusion 3 core
    2. Paid plugins by ClickTeam
    3. Paid exporters by ClickTeam
    4. Profit from the market place from plugins by the community

Or do you prefer a paid program that comes with plugins and exporters?

I'm quite sure that option: subscription model is of the table.

What kind of pricing you prefer and what is the absolute deal breaker?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the pricing and licensing model that clickteam has at the moment is part of the reason of it's growing success in the indie communities. The things that have been holding the engine back are mostly technical and are now being resolved

What's wrong with the current free version of fusion 2.5 ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @blurymind
    That would streamline the range. Just one version + addons.
    No separate Free, standard and developer versions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion the current pricing/licensing model is good, and I think it's convenient for Clickteam too.

Without considering all the Clickstore purchases, along the years I've purchased MMF2 Developer + F2.5 upgrade + nearly all export plugins + Firefly3D.
    This is not to brag, it's just to say that with a Construct3 subscription model (one single package with all exporters and upgrades), even with recurring payments, I would probably have paid less. Still, I prefer to be free to buy (and not rent) just the products I really need, whenever I want and can.

I'm very happy with the way thigs are going with Fusion 3 and the way communication with Clickteam is improving (AMAs, Fusion 3 development blog, replies from developers/moderators). At this point, I just hope there will be no some forms of royalties/revenue sharing, because that would be a big no for me.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT has been doing the same thing with their product and pricing models over the last decade +.
    there's always "that person - who wants it their way - usually free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @danjo You are funny, you remind me of my grandpa ;P. World might be different than a decade ago.

I'm just trying to think also different possibilities regarding the pricing and what kind of system would benefit CT the most. Key point here would be to get as broad user base as possible --> success will come along.
    Fusion dev price is no problem for me, but a wider user base would benefit all of us.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @neverk. good to see you are willing to pay for F3 - Q. did you get F2.5 in the bundle? (you realize that was a bargain)

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current Pricing seems fine to me. I like that I can pay for the exporters I need. I would probably never use the Flash exporter, so I'm saving money there. I'm thinking about adding the HTML5 exporter, but I know I probably won't use it very often. Hmmm... I'm guessing I'm probably going to buy it anyway.

Hey, can we currently create Mac apps? I don't see an option for that...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free version + each output port to pay, no standard version + developer version, feel very trouble~~~

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like the current model of Free, Standard and Developer version that you pay a one-time fee and then own. I despise the subscription model and it has turned me away from a lot of other software out there. I understand it makes sense for some people but I personally wouldn't have been able to keep playing with Fusion for very long if it was subscription based.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast