User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The most fair / preferred pricing model for Fusion 3?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To state it again, subscription models in creative software were invented so corporations would have a cheaper way to buy "seats" and be able to keep current when they hire contractors on large projects. Otherwise, larger companies would only buy their software every 4 to 6 years when it was absolutely necessary to upgrade. As a side effect, it also allows base level consumers access to a wider suite of software at a reduced price. This is the exact reasoning I heard from Adobe back when they developed Creative Cloud.

If your product takes thousands of man hours to develop and maintain, and costs the end user a ton, you need to find a way to get a wider user base. This is what the big companies like Adobe and Autodesk did. It might sound like a lot to spend to the high school or college kid who has little money, but a few hundred dollars is a tiny amount to spend on something with the capabilities of Fusion. I am happy if that small price of entry weeds out the less serious people.

Personally, I love the current model as it means I only pay once and I effectively own the software. I can also choose ala carte what exporters make sense for me. I guess it would be nice to have a unified Standard/Developer pool of users, but I have never found the forum users to be effected too terribly by the split.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current one is fine and extremely fair, considering I and I know several users have already made back the cost of entry through the extremely generous commercial license.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best licensing model IMO. An insentive to buy early/upgrade early too. What more could you possibly want?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 10cents worth in this debate (heh) is that any sort of micro-transaction or subscription based model would suck bigtime and basically force me to look into other development options.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxtengu View Post
    My 10cents worth in this debate (heh) is that any sort of micro-transaction or subscription based model would suck bigtime and basically force me to look into other development options.
    Second post from the top:

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/92330-Fusion-3-Current-Status/page150

:

Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    F3 will not be subscription based.

Marv

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2