User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Agent Hugo LA (exe-builder wanted)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Agent Hugo LA (exe-builder wanted)

Hi!

I made a fangame with MMF2 dev build 250 called Agent Hugo LA. It's a mix up of serial drama Prison Break and Danish video game character Skaermtrolden Hugo.

Synopsis:
    Good ol' Hugo the screentroll hits the road again - on adventure like none before! Indeed. This time he's been summoned to the world of Prison Break the serial drama, where no troll has ever gone before. There he must help former fugitives in their mission to take down the nameless company. Help Hugo in his big adventure packed with motorcycling on a trap-filled road, wet rafting by the canals, dark exploration in sewer plumbings, chilly snowboard rides and much more! But beware! Scylla, the wicked witch, is trying to stop you again...

Gameplay video and sneak peeks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lW7CJz9Qmo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EhXsqIgGwU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5myPTQ5lc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOPw4lEP9lA

Game's testers' edition is finished, but I can't build it to EXE due to damn "Seek failed on unknown filename"-error. I even made MFA smaller with several tricks, but EXE still complains about unnamed filename. Is there really an unnamed filename somewhere in the app, or is it because of frequently claimed 2GB limit?

Any solutions, please?

PS. I'm unable to register MMF2 dev in Community Passport.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm close to the solution. I moved the MFA to my external hard drive and leaved rest of games files to C:\Program Files\Agent Hugo LA

Then I compiled the EXE. Once again it complained about the seek failure, but this time it DID create the EXE. But when I ran the exe, it says "Invalid data in executable file".

How should I proceed?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your games pretty cool,how did you do the 3d effect?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrobolt View Post
    Your games pretty cool,how did you do the 3d effect?
    Two ways:
    - Mode7x
    - Video file in Active Direct Show as a bg and active objects on it

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have an idea of why building EXE is so difficult: 194 AVIs, 46 over 1-2 minute ones, 148 under 15 minute ones, all Full frames (uncompressed), most of them over 2GB.

The only solution might be that I temporarly replace each AVI with one second AVI before building, and after I'm done, I return original AVIs and either build the installer, or release the game in ZIP/RAR.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that and it WORKED!!! Now I have finished EXE!!! Now I need to make an installer.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It didn't work as I expected after all. It seemed to save those "fake" avis to itself.

So...sigh...I have to rerender them to WMV. Unless someone knows the file format which's guality is high enough even in smallest resolutions, but consumes less drive space.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I optimized the game by re-rendering the biggest AVIs to WMV and managed to build a 2,85 GB exe without errors or freezes. But when I launch it, it says "Invalid data on executable file". Does it work better after compiling installer or is there an other problem?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally found the solution. Uncheck "Include external files". I should have thought of that already.

Sorry if I bothered anybody with this. Now all I need to do is assemble the installer with some non-ClickTeam software that won't have any silly GB limits. Then I'll make a new thread that'll ask for testers.

So, could someone close this thread, please?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see you found a solution! Some of the biggest problems have the most simple solutions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast