Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clickteam Fusion 2.5 exe problem

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    The option is for Fusion's sound system, it doesn't effect the extensions. Active Direct Show has an option for it too though, check "Global" in its object properties.
    I made all biggest sounds external and tried building exe again, but it still accrossed the 4GB limit. Thankfully someone in forum wanted to build the exe for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone else can build it for you if it's over the limit. It will be over the limit for everyone

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have an idea of why building EXE is so difficult: 194 AVIs, 46 over 1-2 minute ones, 148 under 15 minute ones, all Full frames (uncompressed), most of them over 2GB.

The only solution might be that I temporarly replace each AVI with one second AVI before building, and after I'm done, I return original AVIs and either build the installer, or release the game in ZIP/RAR.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that and it WORKED!!! Now I have finished EXE!!! Now I need to make an installer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must ask, whats the point of all those things? have u made a movie?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I must ask, whats the point of all those things? have u made a movie?
    Maybe I should have written these video samples to this thread (the last three are from cutscenes):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lW7CJz9Qmo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EhXsqIgGwU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5myPTQ5lc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOPw4lEP9lA

In principal, this game does seem like a movie, quite like Heart of Darkness, but not as "uncut".

Btw, that trick I told about, didn't work as I expected after all. It seemed to save those "fake" avis to itself. So...sigh...I have to rerender them to WMV. Unless someone knows the file format which's guality is high enough even in smallest resolutions, but consumes less drive space.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should really store the avis externally, not inside the exe file. If you want players to have the ability to play the movies in your game you probably should use WMV (most players using windows already have this codec installed). Or i'd suggest MP4 (use a program like Handbrake to compress your avi's to this format), and either install a MP4 codec during installation or let the player know they need the codec installed.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysD View Post
    You should really store the avis externally, not inside the exe file. If you want players to have the ability to play the movies in your game you probably should use WMV (most players using windows already have this codec installed). Or i'd suggest MP4 (use a program like Handbrake to compress your avi's to this format), and either install a MP4 codec during installation or let the player know they need the codec installed.
    I optimized the game by re-rendering the biggest AVIs to WMV and managed to build a 2,85 GB exe without errors or freezes. But when I launch it, it says "Invalid data on executable file". Does it work better after compiling installer or is there an other problem?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please stop creating threads all over the place for the same problem.
    Thank you

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Please stop creating threads all over the place for the same problem.
    Thank you
    AlrightALRIGHT!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast