User Tag List

Thread: Ram usage with large animations

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ram usage with large animations

My app is an avatar creator that has large images, there's not really any getting around that.

The way it works is that I have an object such as a Hair Object. Each frame of animation on that object is a different style of something, such as a different hairstyle. So you'll click buttons and it will force the animation frame of the Hair Object to different frames.

I've noticed that each time I click a button and it changes the frame of the Hair Object, the RAM usage of the game goes up. This becomes a problem when clicking images quickly or when someone hits the "random" button in my app which sets objects to a random frame each time.

I had hoped that single frames that aren't animating would only count for the RAM usage of that single frame but it doesn't seem to be the case. If it let it sit for a while the RAM usage does go down slowly, like it's holding onto the data for the other frames for a while, if that makes sense. Is there another way to go about doing this or is this as good as it's going to get?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me simplify my description.

Memory usage goes up when a new frame of animation is displayed, so each time a new frame of a large animation is displayed, the memory usage climbs.

Even though the animation speed is 0 and it only shows one frame at a time, it still seems to "remember" the other frames for a while and the memory usage climbs. Any way to optimise my app or any way around this? Or is my app just too image heavy?

People with good phones are fine but anything around the 512mb RAM mark just seems to get crashes either straight away or after some use.

Any ideas? Happy to send my MFA to see if anyone can offer some optimization tips.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe create your images when need it?
    Uncheck "Create at Start" on your big objects and create them when need it. Maybe that would work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about using something like the active picture object and loading pictures through that instead but I'm not sure if you can do that with pictures from within the game itself. Don't they have to be external?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't you perhaps include it as a binary file?