Clicker iOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys... here is the file for you.

icebreaker2.mfa

A bit of explanation:

The method I went with is to give the impression that your cutting the ice....not that you actually do cut it.

The reason why I opted for this is because I could not get the screen pixel object to work, so I could not do a "scan for end of ice" thing that I mentioned above.

However, you will see that I have added counters that store the start coordinates (when you first click the mouse) and then, after you let go of the mouse button it stores those coordinates too.

While I dont use these coordinates in this demo, I have left them there for you because.... By using the screen capture object you can save a section on background and then load it in to an active object....However once again I did not bother with this as to be honest with you, while I could do it in another language, searching documentation on all the bolt-ons for F2.5 and how they work would take me ages! (I am fairly new to F2.5)

So.... how does this work then......

First we put a background picture up.
    Next we create another 2 pictures, one is the right side ice, and the other is the left side ice.
    The left side ice has the Viking already cut from it.
    Next we make another picture which is the graphic for the Viking trapped in the ice, and we position it exactly where its cut from the ice, so that it looks to be all one.

We then create an active object that is the Viking trapped in ice and we position it off screen at the top.

After adding physics etc to the setup we are almost good to go.

We add the draw object to the scene so that we can draw a line over the Viking popscal and then run the program.

When you drag the line over the Viking the picture Viking is made invisible....and the active Viking is moved into position and is made visible.

This then drops down till it hits the ground and physics does the rest.

I know its not a perfect way to do it, but it works.

If you use this method then to make it so that the player HAS to cut across the ice in the right place (and not like it is now...as you can cut anywhere!) you can have the program check to see if the x and y counter is within a set position (near where they SHOULD cut) and likewise for the end x,y position. If the player does NOT cut the line where you have predetermined they should then nothing happens.

Hope this helps!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice example. It is missing a picture though. vic1.png. Can you upload that image here please so it can be inserted in the example. Please see picture I've attached with the error.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's challenging, particularly with the tools we have,
    it's more of a job for a "vectorial" engine and Fusion (currently) has little of that in his belt.

If we want to arbitrarily cut (without preset cuttable elements, and with "good" cut precision)
    I think our only bet is the Surface, but it's quite tough..!

Gave it a (very rough) try:
    surface_split.mfa

quite buggy and doesn't take into account many things it should take into account

Would need a proper gravity and "physics" code (stop over other objects, slide and rotate etc.)
    (not to mention a good texture and some alpha for the ice )

Could have created additional surface objects when cutting, and give them a physics movement,
    instead of making a custom "surface gravity"
    but physics works awfully with the surface object (or I'm not able to make it work properly )
    and performances would have been like 1:20

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems as close as we are going to get.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the first example by Dex if you save a picture of the active of the viking and rename it vic 1 it will work Not a bad idea.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah schrodinger that example is spot on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres vic1.png....sorry about that!vic1.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @schrodinger........... nice m8

I agree with u....F2.5 is lacking for this..... But I could make it work if only i could get the dam screen pixel object to work!! then you could slice and chop bits off and the phys engine we have could do most of the rest.

Still at least these examples seem to have helped the OP and Co

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ Dex: perhaps it's the fact the pixel object requires "relative" application coordinates,
    I seem to remember you have to add xleft and ytop (maybe taken from the window control object)
    of the application window position to your x,y frame coordinates
    (or the pixel object will sample coordinates - colors from your whole monitor area)

..or is it the screen capture object not working as intended?
    (I was talking about the "pixel object" above)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to this thread looking for shadow solutions, where the shadow should cast only partially if the character is close to a platform edge. Indeed it seems like Fusion is missing imagery manipulation of some sorts, such as cutting parts of actives, mirroring active objects (for reflections) and cutting an image certain parts out.

Anyway, I thought about a possible solution:
    What if the image was to be built in real time pixel by pixel from an 2 dimensional array or a file? imagine a massive 2d array that has 0's and 1's where you have or have not a pixel painted.
    That would work only if we can eliminate Fusion's 30,000 maximum number of objects, does anyone know how to do it?

Anyway, I'm going to build my shadow from 147 pieces, 147 actives sized 1x20, and making the ones that does not overlap with a platform invisible.
    Solves my problem, yours it doesnt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2