User Tag List

Thread: Simple Maith Returning 0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple Maith Returning 0

I'm having some issues with Fusion and math. A couple years or so ago I noticed that Fusion has a very quirky way of doing math. In particular, when dividing, the number must be multiplied by 1.0 or it will give an answer of 0. I can't even get a simple program to do simple math (e.g. subtraction). I'm using the numeric up-down object for number input. If I do something as simple as the numeric up-down minus 120, it gives me 0. I have even tried setting the numeric up-down * 1.0 as an Alterable Value as well as setting the second value as an alterable value and then doing the subtraction. My very simple goal is to subtract two numbers and then divide said answer by a number. I'm then setting that answer as text using the Active System Box. Is there a possible issue with using Active System Box? Should I use the String object instead? I'm using the Active System Box object as I can format (i.e. font, font size, and color) the answer the way I want.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably just use a string. you are referring to fusions way of using FLOATS for your result. if you dont use decimals, the result will return an Integer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One way to solve it was to not set it as an Alterable Value. That seemed to be my issue. I discovered another issue, though. Numeric Up-Down isn't supported on Android. To remedy, I changed the boxes to Edit boxes and then uses the Android Input Type object to set the Editbox for the Numeric keyboard. However, there may be a couple bugs in either Fusion or the Editbox object.

Firstly, the Editbox appears about 5 pixels lower than where it does in the design when I run the compiled app on my phone. Secondly, even though I have a checkmark by border under the objcet's settings, no border shows up when I run the app on my phone. Is there another object that could be used to accept number input? While I did like the ability to set a min/max number for the Numeric Up-Down object, it's not a big issue as I can create that feature pro programmatically in Fusion with simple if/then statements.