User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Removing chartboost optional permissions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing chartboost optional permissions

Is there a way to remove the optional permissions that get inserted automatically when I include the chartboost object in my project?

On this link it says that the write to external storage and the wi fi state permissions are only optional (although recommended).

I would much rather sacrifice a little performance and traffic than ask the users for invasive permissions.

Thanks in advance.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was always there, but now with the new Android versions, it will popup the permissions request. before that it was done in the background

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it was, that's one of the reasons why I gave up chartboost in the past, but now I'd like to use it to mediate with admob, and I was wondering if there isn't some sort of possibility to remove those two permissions, since they only seem to be there for performance reasons, and they're not vital.

Maybe there is some variable in a Clickteam file that can be modified manually, if it can't be done for the official version?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible to modify the android source code, but it's a bit complicated.
    When you build, fusion makes a folder in your temp directory, if you can snag it out (it's deleted automatically after building) then you can modify the source and build manually using "ant".

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you want to remove Wifi ?

If people only use Wifi and their internet at home, then you would be unable to use it..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    here you can check why those permission are set

https://answers.chartboost.com/hc/en...45#integration
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fernando

Yes, I know, that's the same link I gave in my initial post. But it says on that same article that those two permissions are only highly recommended, for performance reasons and not required. That's why I was asking if it wouldn't be possible to have an option to untick those permissions, in case I want to remove them at the cost of some performance.

@Perry

I don't think that Chartboost would stop working on Wi fi if I removed the permission to check the wi fi state. Admob works for me just fine with only network and internet permissions. From what I'm reading in that article where they describe the use of each permission, it doesn't seem like removing the wi fi permission would make Chartboost stop working on wi fi, either.

@SoftWarewolf

That is an interesting way to go about it. I didn't know it was possible. I've never built an android project with ant before, but I might just give this a try if all else fails. Thanks for the info!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hmm can you point me where is mentioned that the performance is affected?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, on the link you gave me, there's the following paragraph:

Optional (but recommended) permission: android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Allows the SDK to cache all ad assets (creatives, custom frames, etc.) in external memory. This maximizes performance by immediately delivering ads and reducing network traffic used by the SDK.

For Wi fi, I'm not exactly sure why they need it, because their text seems a little vague, but they say that it's not mandatory either:

Optional (but recommended) permission: android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE Allows the SDK to check WiFi details in the HTTP request. This will be used alongside Android ID and/or GAID as the identifier for the user. Check out device identifiers for more info.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hmm, I don't understand can you explain me more?

I read here that using these permission the performance of chartboost improve, something which was taken into consideration to design the object.

what I want to read is why you say that these permission affect the runtime as you mention at the beginning.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast