User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Removing chartboost optional permissions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the status on the state of the Chartboost object forcing the "WRITE EXTERNAL STORAGE" permission upon building the APK? Google says my app is ineligible for the Indie Game Corner on the Play Store because of this permission, but I don't know how to turn it off without removing Chartboost entirely.

Does the Chartboost object still force this permission on, even if it's unchecked in the Android settings in the latest CF2.5?

Another alternative is that I explain to the user why they need to accept the "WRITE EXTERNAL STORAGE" permission, but I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a way to ask a player in-game to accept a permission?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked Google about an acceptable method for leaving this permission in my app, since I don't see a way to remove it. This was their response:

"Regarding the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission, if this must stay and is not being used for newer devices it should either be set to a maxsdk in the manifest, or trigger a permission request upon startup letting the user know what this is being used for.

Android does not automatically trigger the permission. If it is needed on older devices, it should be set to maxsdk."

This is great, only problem is, I don't understand how to go about doing this. Any ideas? My ideal solution would be to trigger the permission request upon startup, rather than simply removing the permission altogether. Would the app crash if Chartboost tried caching a Rewarded Video with this permission turned off?

Much appreciated.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    mm ok I am working in this day to make a new chartboost object with this as secondary flag but they were set since we fully implemented the sdk and from them

WARNING: The Chartboost SDK supports a maximum target SDK API Level of 26. If you need to target a higher API Level such as 27, please contact Chartboost Support for additional integration options.
    • Optional (but recommended) permission: android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Allows the SDK to cache all ad assets (creatives, custom frames, etc.) in external memory. This maximizes performance by immediately delivering ads and reducing network traffic used by the SDK.
    • Optional (but recommended) permission: android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE Allows the SDK to check WiFi details in the HTTP request. This will be used alongside Android ID and/or GAID as the identifier for the user. Check out device identifiers for more info.
    • Optional (but recommended) permission: android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE Allows the SDK to handle calls that interrupt video playback.

as you may read this was the key why the write_external_storage permission was set

future version I will add a check box property to enable or not these permissions
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great to hear, Fernando, thank you!

I completely understand why the Chartboost Object had the flag set on.

For now, I went into my Android Manifest and added this code underneath <!-- Permissions -->:
    <uses-permission
    android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_ST ORAGE"
    android:maxSdkVersion="18" />

I got the code from this guide: https://developer.android.com/guide/...ission-element

Hopefully this is an adequate solution for Google for now. I also hope I placed this code in the correct area!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    mm no because if you need to save in version 19-XX or more it won't this is valid if you don't save anything but t won't save anything above 18
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh... So this code won't do anything? I've already compiled and uploaded the app to the Play Store.

I've noticed some newer apps will stop you mid gameplay to ask for a permission, with an explanation of why it needs said permission. Is there a way to do that in CF 2.5?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StrudelCaboodle View Post
    Oh... So this code won't do anything? I've already compiled and uploaded the app to the Play Store.

I've noticed some newer apps will stop you mid gameplay to ask for a permission, with an explanation of why it needs said permission. Is there a way to do that in CF 2.5?
    I've never seen such thing. it's always in the beginning, unless the programmer made some custom message for consent.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what api you are using and the target if you set target /build api > 22 sure it will ask for dangerous permissions
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3