User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Object Overlap Condition Not Firing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Object Overlap Condition Not Firing

As the title states.

I have two terrain items, Asteroid and Asterock, and I have a detector object called P2 LOS Checker (all on Layer 2). When I attempt to move an NPC active, it places two items at the mouse location - Move Marker and Move Rock Checker, on Layer 4 and 2 respectively. Then, to find out if the NPC has line of sight to the Move Marker, I set scale of the P2 LOS Checker to form a line between the NPC active and the Move Marker.

Now, when this line is drawn, it will detect an overlap for Asteroid objects, but not Asterock objects, which is obviously not what I want.

They (Asteroid/Asterock) are both on the same layer, so that shouldn't be the issue, same with LOS Checker. I have different events which test for collisions on both Asteroid/Asterock with a different object that works, both as separate objects and underneath a shared Qualifier. I've attempted to check for the LOS collision as separate objects and under the qualifier, with the same effect (works for one, not the other). I've attempted to change the order of the Overlap condition (x overlapping y, y overlapping x) to no avail.

Probably related is the Active Move Rock Checker, which is displaying the same behaviour. This works by being placed at the same location as Move Marker, but then being moved to Layer 2. It successfully tests for Overlap on Asteroid, but not Asterock. Does moving layers change the order of objects within that layer? And would the order affect Overlap conditions anyway if it's all on the same layer?

I'm positively stumped. I can't understand why it works for one object and not the other, doubly so since one is a clone of the other to begin with! Since the file is too large to upload, dropbox link provided for perusing eyes. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxv92pjby8...pload.mfa?dl=0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took some screenies that may help. Note these are from the current file, not the upload version linked above, but the same bug is prevalent in both.
    list1.jpglist2.jpglist3.jpg

Still cannot figure out why this is happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nor why the uploader would choose to shrink my images.

HRRRNNNGGGGGG

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cant see, too small... put your overlap condition first, then the additions after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checks for Overlap upon a Loop. So the events are

On Loop "P2 LOS Check"
    +
    "P2 LOS Checker" Active is Overlapping (Active Object/Qualifier Group)

and also

On Loop "P2 LOS Check"
    +
    "P2 LOS Checker" Active is NOT Overlapping (Active Object/Qualifier Group) (Negated event)

Works fine for all intents and purposes with the exception of this ONE Active Object type "Asterock". As stated previously, "Asteroid" conditions work fine.

Let's try this again.

list1.jpglist2.jpglist3.jpg

So maybe squint. But the bottom of the second image is where the Events in question are contained.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new images are better.. the collisions all must be on same layer to register - check the objects not working is on the same layer - you are testing the overlap - perhaps it may not be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% all on the same layer. Layer 2.

EDIT- To Clarify, conditions not seen in the above pictures relevant to to convo are the creation of the Objects, both of which happen at the start of the frame. The game runs loops X times to create a random number of Asteroid/Asterock objects.

On Loop "Asteroid"
    - Create "Asteroid" at -8,-8 At Layer 2
    - Set X Pos to (random 4000)
    - Set Y Pos to (random 4000)
    - Set Alt Val A (random(5))
    - Set Dir (random 32)

Same loop for both objects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

Swapped out the LOS Check object for another, and it displayed the exact same behaviour - Overlapped on Asteroids, not on Asterocks.

Then added a new Object similar to the Asteroid/Asterock objects - Same qualifiers, same spawn method, same alt vals and conditions etc., and the engine doesn't detect these collisions either.

Conclusion: Something about the code can only register one type of collision at this loop juncture. I've got plenty of other collision events that work with Asterock as well as Asteroid, but the overlap loop setup doesn't register Asterock regardless of what order I place the events, if I run overlap events on Qualifiers or Single Actives, etc etc.

Question: If I want an event to be On Loop "X" and X is Overlapping Y OR Z is Overlapping Y, would I need to write it as:

On Loop P2 LOS Check
    + "P2 Los Checker" is Overlapping Asteroid
    OR
    + "P2 Los Checker" is Overlapping Asterock

Or should it be written as

On Loop P2 LOS Check
    + "P2 Los Checker" is Overlapping Asteroid
    OR
    On Loop P2 LOS Check
    + "P2 Los Checker" is Overlapping Asterock

Thanks guys.

Clicker

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd way.. and i would debug, cause i reckon you'll find the object not working is not on the layer you think it is

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but your code is very complex to figure out what to do when I run the frame. Can you simplify things, remove any flashy effects and upload a simplified version of your mfa? I basically get a sphere of light that appears to stall after about 5 seconds at which point a ton of node objects suddenly appear.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast