User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tearing my hair out with smooth camera scrolling

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    beautiful example Volnaiskra, thanks for sharing such a lot of work (and doing it twice to isolate the code)!

@elvisish:
    you can try "interpolate" a bit the values, specially Y-components, to make it less "instant"
    (which is very suitable for crazy-action games!) and a bit more "lazy"

Attachment 22466

I'm sure the creator can tweak it better, just made a quick and rough test
    Just trying to fuse your tweaks with the original code I took from the example this afternoon! Was it just lines 44-49 you changed? I don't think Alt Value I was used by the camera before, was it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    44-49 and line 83 (interpolation)
    I've put a blue comment above the two modified chunks

hope you'll get to a suitable final result

(Edit: oh, yes added that value used in lines 44-49!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    44-49 and line 83 (interpolation)
    I've put a blue comment above the two modified chunks

hope you'll get to a suitable final result

(Edit: oh, yes added that value used in lines 44-49!)
    Just needed to change the ycatchup value default to 1 instead of 0, works great now! I need to figure out a way of adding more lookahead for jumps and springs so the player doesn't leap out every time, should be as easy as just modding the values a bit, will report back!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since I first posting on this thread, I've spent the past 3 weeks continually improving and rebuilding my camera code. It was a lot of work, but I knew it'd be worth it, because I knew that it'll mean that the camera in Spryke will ultimately end up better. That definitely happened, as it ended up being a total overhaul of the camera system which I built last year. I'm quite proud of the result, and I've put it up on the Clickstore for others to buy. But as promised, elvisish, I'll PM you in a bit with a gratis copy.

volCAMERA in action:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volnaiskra, that is amazing work. Going to buy.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Well, since I first posting on this thread, I've spent the past 3 weeks continually improving and rebuilding my camera code. It was a lot of work, but I knew it'd be worth it, because I knew that it'll mean that the camera in Spryke will ultimately end up better. That definitely happened, as it ended up being a total overhaul of the camera system which I built last year. I'm quite proud of the result, and I've put it up on the Clickstore for others to buy. But as promised, elvisish, I'll PM you in a bit with a gratis copy.

volCAMERA in action:

It's absolutely amazing, I've bought it to support you! Incredible level of control, absolutely miles ahead of what I was trying to do, thank you so much for this, the community was definitely in need of a detailed camera example!

Thanks for all the threshold settings, perfect for tweaking to get springs right!

Amazing engine, thanks again!!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a thought, is it possible to be able to have the lookahead kick in only if you move a certain threshold distance? If you check:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on a Super Mario World camera for quite some time...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3