Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania Studiopolis Effect

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sonic Mania Studiopolis Effect

Hello everybody, it's there anyway to make this Studiopolis effect work in Clickteam fusion 2.5? I think this is a shader thing... Take a look:

(JUMP TO 1:15 TO SEE THE EFFECT) Thx

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like a XOR or OR applied to the "window" image in front of the other items

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do something like that?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for DP. But someone can help me? it's for my Sonic fan game... well, I don't know how code a shader effect but... I think the code goes something like this: Make the active transparent >> if something pass through this active, this object transform in something that only show the background around his pixel sprite... maybe like this:

There are 2 sonic's, one before go through active, one on active...
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't solved it for you, but this might help.

For the window, I used two actives - one with semi-transparency and a yellow color, and one with semi-transparency and the add shader. There must be a way to punch a hole in the window, but the best I could come up was using the invert background shader, which does a decent approximation.

It would be easy to get sonic to switch to a different effect when he runs near a window (or switch to a different sonic altogether, as you suggested). But you'd still need to deal with what happens when half of sonic is over the window and half is not. That's probably possible, but I have no idea how it would be done
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you even tried experimenting with normal effects. it doesnt look very complicated at all.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    have you even tried experimenting with normal effects. it doesnt look very complicated at all.
    Yes, I tried... but the result is not good as I wanted to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I haven't solved it for you, but this might help.

For the window, I used two actives - one with semi-transparency and a yellow color, and one with semi-transparency and the add shader. There must be a way to punch a hole in the window, but the best I could come up was using the invert background shader, which does a decent approximation.

It would be easy to get sonic to switch to a different effect when he runs near a window (or switch to a different sonic altogether, as you suggested). But you'd still need to deal with what happens when half of sonic is over the window and half is not. That's probably possible, but I have no idea how it would be done
    Oh, thank you for the help. This is a interesting effect that "do" what I wanted for a moment, but no 100%. I think it's possible too with a shader effect specifically created for this... but still, i have no idea how to do it too... I was searching for something on internet, like a shader or something like this effect, but for my surprise, there's nothing about this. If they pick this shader and edit it making Sonic outside the active normal and inside this active "inverted", this should solve my problem. (But i think this edit gonna be only for the glass active, not the player)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you're fine with inverting colors,
    there's Looki "invert background" shader that does exactly that:

http://lukasmeller.com/mmf/shaders/

quick example:

inv_bck.mfa

edit: whoops, just realized it was already suggested above,
    but perhaps applying this to the "window" could fit your need?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what Soniku needs is a shader that can punch a hole in a particular layer or object. Then, sonic could punch a hole in the window, but not effect everything else.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    mm perhaps the "Hole" shader then
    it's in the "shaderpack2" pack (/effects)
    always in above Looki link

seem to remember it can cut a circular hole
    but sonic would always need to be a "ball" while in there..
    I guess you mean the "hole" must have "sonic" shape

would probably need to customize a bit the shader then

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast