User Tag List

Thread: Sub-application fullscreen not working

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sub-application fullscreen not working

Im trying to create a pause-menu for my game using the Sub-application object.

I've managed to get it working and it syncs all data (points etc) i want it to, plus it pauses the game while the sub-app is active, which is what i want.

However I cant get the damn thing to go fullscreen.
    My game is currently running in 384x216 resolution and im using the Ultimate Fullscreen object to make the game go fullscreen.
    However when my pause menu (sub-app) is active it just shows as a small original 384x216 rectangle overlapping the original frame. This pause menu is not fullscreen like i want it to be.

Ive tried messing with lots of options in order to get it working in fullscreen but nothing is working.
    I also have tried putting a Ultimate Fullscreen object inside the pause frame but that dont work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the game remains fullscreen, but the pause subapp does not, is that right? Or does the game shrink once it gets paused?

Either way, one thing worth pointing out is that Ultimate Fullscreen doesn't do 'real' fullscreen. Instead, it does some form of a 'borderless windowed' mode. That could have something to do with it. You could try doing 'real' fullscreen (using Storyboard controls object rather than Ultimate Fullscreen Object) for your subapp, though that might cause lag or flicker whenever you pause the game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game remains fullscreen yes, and i can still see most of the frame behind the subapp (pause menu). It is only the subapplication that is windowed (borderless).
    I'll give it a shot. But as i remember it, going fullscreen through the storyboard makes the image look kinda fuzzy/not sharp, which would be a problem since Ultimate Fullscreen does it pixel perfect.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you're doing pixelart, right? I think that's what Ultimate Fullscreen was created for - that crisp pixel perfect scaling that doesn't antialias. But about a year ago, Clickteam added a few options to their fullscreen options, which you may not have seen. Try the "resize display to fit window size", "fit inside" options, and uncheck "antialias when resizing".

btw have you tried manually activating different options in the Ultimate Fullscreen object inside your subapp? There are different actions you can call, such as "manual fullscreen size" or "apply fullscreen settings to windowed size". Maybe one of those would help.