User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Android 9 option "adaptive battery" makes Fusion apps to lag

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android 9 option "adaptive battery" makes Fusion apps to lag

Since some times, my game has a lot of lag on my Nokia 3.1 running Andoid 9 where the game was really fast before Android 9 update.
    I've tried to improve my game and to remove most of the objects and even with that changes, the game was still laggy, with FPS going from 30 to 50 everytime.

By looking on my phone I've found a new setting in the battery settings "adaptive battery" switching that thing off solved the issue.

I was wondering if it could exist a settings in Android APK to force an app to ignore this setting, without that, a lot of people running Android 9 on devices that aren't powerful will get lag issues on any king of game using a scrolling.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will check and see if we can add this to Android Plus
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with the option deactvated, i still get those horrible lags, only on Android 9 (nokia 3.1), the game is smooth on android 5 (Samsung j3).

The frame rate go to 30FPS every seconde then go up to 50, then to 30, everytime, and only on my Android 9 device. Even if i deactivate most of my events, the lags are still there, meaning it's not a problem of events but of display handle or Something else.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh more that is suggested is not possible to achieve wonder why this impact, normally these focus in internet and network saving

do you have any other android 9 device to compare?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Oh more that is suggested is not possible to achieve wonder why this impact, normally these focus in internet and network saving

do you have any other android 9 device to compare?
    No i Don't have any other Android 9 device but i get complains about lags from users using an Android 9 device.
    It seems that deactivating internet connection solve the problem, and in the frame the only one thing that use internet is admob, maybe it's Something with admob (or just with android 9 and internet connection).
    I remember that the game was not lagging the first time I've updated to android 9, so i Don't know if it's a new android update or Clickteam Fusion update.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No changes in admob, so far, and yes admob use the internet and networking, so if you are running a scrolling game and you have a banner on top this cause the lag, sure this will not happens if a rewarded video or interstitial is involved.

need to check for usre tehre a lot f=of complain if this is happening with banners and android 9
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No changes in admob, so far, and yes admob use the internet and networking, so if you are running a scrolling game and you have a banner on top this cause the lag, sure this will not happens if a rewarded video or interstitial is involved.

need to check for usre tehre a lot f=of complain if this is happening with banners and android 9
    OK I've set a test, deactivate admob event where i ask for an ad, and i have no lag issue.
    I Don't use banners, i only use video reward once on the main menu, and interstitial at the end of a game, but i ask for those ads at the start of the frame to display the ads immediatly When it's needed.
    The problem was not present before, so i guess Something changed in Android 9 because i have absolutely no problem on Android 5 or other previous versions I've tested, only 9.

New test:
    Even if i Don't ask for an ad at start, (i ask for the ad before the end) the game is still slow, Something is wrong with admob and android 9.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For sure this adaptive battery concept is new and not only have concern with admob, but sure with lagging everywhere when you are scrolling the device frame and it is updating something with internet, this concept also affect firebase
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sure this adaptive battery concept is new and not only have concern with admob, but sure with lagging everywhere when you are scrolling the device frame and it is updating something with internet, this concept also affect firebase
    I've deactivated the adaptive battery option but even on the main menu i have the same FPS problem but it's invisible as it's the menu and there is no scrolling movements.
    It's not only because of the scrolling game, it looks like that there is a problem with admob and android 9 as even if i Don't ask any ad at start the game is lagging like hell.

It works fine only if i delete the admob object.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ok good to know, let me search goggle forums to see if I find any reference of this issue.

================================================== =======

a simple google search of this "
    android pie lag because adaptive battery" and is impressive how many devices are affected by this
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast