User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: prevent windows system sounds?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prevent windows system sounds?

I'm working on an MFA that contains some buttons and checkboxes. For some reason, if I click them in a particular order, Windows keeps doing its default system "ding" sound (as if I was clicking a button that is blocked somehow, which isn't actually the case), which is getting really annoying. Is there some way to get Fusion to prevent an MFA from activating system sounds?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following this topic

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A related question: Is there a way to prevent buttons from being affected by the keyboard?

I'm building something at the moment where the player can press spacebar to jump, and also change some settings using checkboxes. However, these two things conflict badly with eachother: whenever the player presses spacebar, it automatically checks/unchecks the most recently used checkbox.

This is also the reason I'm getting 'ding' sounds as mentioned above: it happens when I have a disabled button on screen: I press arrow keys or WASD to control the player, and Fusion keeps thinking that I'm trying to activate the disabled button with the keyboard presses. The dings are annoying, but the spacebar issue is game-breaking.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone? This behaviour is really annoying. Basically, anytime there's a disabled button on my frame, any keypress (eg. moving a character around) triggers a windows system beep. Also, basically anytime there's a checkbox on my frame, hitting the spacebar (eg. making a character jump) toggles it. There's got to be a way around these problems, surely?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to make the interface objects ignore key presses that triggers beep sounds but two workaround ideas come to mind though:

a) If the interface objects doesn't have to be visible at the same time as the player presses the controls how about destroying them? You'll save on objects when you're not using them and it should no longer trigger the beeps or check/uncheck what isn't there anymore. You could then keep the settings saved in either global values or an active object's alterable values until you re-create them again upon need.

b) Ditch the interface objects and make your own via Active & String Objects, that way they'll work how you want it down to the smallest detail. You'll also get the opportunity to get rid of the (in my opinion) rather boring system style look that the default interface objects got.

I actually use a mix of both ideas in my game. No default interface objects and then I simply create/destroy the UI elements depending on if they're needed or not at the moment.

I guess if all else fails you can also try sending feedback to the bugbox too, perhaps it is an easy fix for the CT devs...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you have an offscreen edit box that gains and immediately loses focus, preventing the box from being checked?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your suggestions guys. I tried ratty's suggestion, but it created huge slowdown (and forced focus away from everything anyway, for some reason). But in the process I discovered that Active System Objects seem to not suffer from the same problems. So I'm redoing everything with those instead (for this particular application, looks aren't important).

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm a year late on this but was there a fix? I use the LB in my game on an Xbox controller and I get that windows DING every time I press it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only 'fix' I found was to just use Active System Objects instead of the regular checkboxes and buttons

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For the button focus issue, I've always used a blank and invisible Combo Box object which I focus/defocus when a button is clicked (either directly in the button's events or via a behaviour / last line of events activation). You may not even need to defocus the combo box again... it doesn't tend to raise the system sounds when keys are pressed.

I don't think there is any way to disable the windows sounds because it is a windows control and you would have to catch and discard the error routine on the control at a lower level than Fusion allows. There is a slim chance you could achieve this with the WinMessagePro object, but I can't see what it would be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast