User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does mmf2.5 have any auto save feature?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does mmf2.5 have any auto save feature?

I had a few mfa's open and though I was continually saving the one I was working on. Based on time stamps and a lack of files, it seems the one I was working on wasn't saved at all, instead one of the other files was. Is there any backup to mmf2.5? I'm assuming there isn't but am grasping at straws here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I believe it does have auto save feature. Just in case you break down while you're working. Though I can't remember if you have to set it, or if its set from the start.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an autobackup feature under Preferences/General. I don't know if that would be of much help to you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I looked but it only makes a copy of the file when you save, not automatically every 15 minutes or so.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember there was an autosave in mmf version 1 but it was removed at some point, I think it might have caused problems.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see where it would be problematic to save when you are making experimental changes that do not yield expected results.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
    Yeah I looked but it only makes a copy of the file when you save, not automatically every 15 minutes or so.
    I have noticed that autobackup is on by default, but what is the use of this? Why would you want to make a dubplicate backup when you save?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case the project gets corrupted.

I remember back when I had 10 backups set up in the auto backup or something, and something got corrupted in the mfa. I managed to find a backup that wasn't corrupted, about 5 saves ago or something.

This is how the autobackup works:

So lets say your MFA's filename is project. Your currently saved version is v2.3.7. Let's say there is a major bug in v2.3.7 that wasn't present in 2.3.6. You can just open the file project.001, which would have version 2.3.6, and find the bug.

Remember what the autobackup does: Whenever you save, let's say the currently saved version is v1 and you are saving v2, it will backup v1 in a different file, and then it will overwrite your mfa with v2.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, so when you hit save, it backs up the old version before overwriting it. I just tested it and you're right. That's a pretty good feature, actually. I'd always previously had the same opinion as Outcast: I couldn't really see the point of saving an identical file twice at the same time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by advaith View Post
    In case the project gets corrupted.

I remember back when I had 10 backups set up in the auto backup or something, and something got corrupted in the mfa. I managed to find a backup that wasn't corrupted, about 5 saves ago or something.

This is how the autobackup works:

So lets say your MFA's filename is project. Your currently saved version is v2.3.7. Let's say there is a major bug in v2.3.7 that wasn't present in 2.3.6. You can just open the file project.001, which would have version 2.3.6, and find the bug.

Remember what the autobackup does: Whenever you save, let's say the currently saved version is v1 and you are saving v2, it will backup v1 in a different file, and then it will overwrite your mfa with v2.
    Hmm I get a little confused when you say v.2.3.... etc. Do you mean the previous saved file? So for example if I have an mfa called Mario45.mfa, and then I save it as Mario46.mfa it will make a backup of Mario45.mfa ? Or do you mean that if I hit save it will create a save of Mario45.mfa, and a backup of the previous time I hit the save button? So if I hit save two times then the file would be identical in the save and the backup?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast